Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any plugins that add more color correction capability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any plugins that add more color correction capability?

IrfanView's color correction is great for quick and simple adjustments but there are times I wish I could do a little more refining without having to break out Photoshop. I'm not interested in filters really, but things like remove color cast, adjust lighting levels on individual channels, adjust color on individual channels, and darken highlights/lighten shadows. I know IrfanView has sliders for individual channels, but I'd like to be able to adjust hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, etc., on individual channels and so far I haven't found a way to do that.

I haven't gone hunting for the plugins myself yet, I thought I'd ask here first before spending a lot of time looking for something that doesn't exist. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by pdun459; 28.11.2010, 07:57 AM.

see this thread/post

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

A much simpler 8bf filter to darken highlights and lighten shadows is Contrast Mask by Martin Vicanek.
      I use it a lot.

Comment

Appreciate the help. I found some of the plugins but haven't decided what I'm gonna do at this point. At least I know where to look. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          A much simpler 8bf filter to darken highlights and lighten shadows is Contrast Mask by Martin Vicanek.
          I use it a lot.
          Interesting, I've got it on my menu, but keep using Tom Fiddaman's Luminosity - Think I need to compare the two sometime.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

@ Mij,
            Are you still using the Contrast Mask plugin? The version I downloaded from the MV website gives me a lot of "Memory access violation!" errors and the pop-up frame shows "FilterMeister Beta 0.4.2.1" instead of "MV's Plugins" as shown on the website. Other MV plugins I have tried, e.g. Hue Restorer, behave as expected.

Comment

Yes, I am still using the Contrast Mask plugin. It is a 32 bit version which was downloaded years ago. I have had no reason to change it as is still works well. I do not know if Martin Vicanek intends to improve it or to develop a 64 bit version but last time I looked there was no sign of it.

Comment

Working...
              X