Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Rename with Multiple Subfolders

Hi,

I'm trying to rename multiple image files from Multiple subfolders. I can't seem to figure out if its possible with Irfranview...I want the rename counter to reset on every change of the subfolder. I have figured out how to save to the same folder but the counter continues to rise regardless of the change of folder...

Can anyone help me figure this one out?

Example:

C:\images\fish\231.jpg
    C:\images\fish\2321.jpg
    C:\images\fish2\434324.jpg
    C:\images\fish2\34342.jpg

Renamed to

C:\images\fish\01.jpg
    C:\images\fish\02.jpg
    C:\images\fish2\01.jpg
    C:\images\fish2\02.jpg

AFAIK that is not possible in Irfanview. Can't you just do the Batch renaming one subfolder at a time?

Comment

Thanks for the reply...At the moment that is what i have resorted to...There are about 200 subfolders so it makes the process very tedious.

Comment

File renaming is not really what Irfanview is about, it is an image processing program. I should look for another program that can do just what you want, or write a script to do it.

Comment

Does any one have a solution for above issue. If some one can provide me script that would be really appreciated. I have more that 500 folders and around 25-30 GB data. Really can't manually change the folder to rename it.

Looking forward for any help.
          Thanks in advance,
          SSS...

Comment

Not sure what you want to do, I'm a little dull with these things..but with Windows 7 I can go into the main folder with all the subfolders and search 'jpg', this then displays all the jpg format images and I can use sort to sort them how I want, then I can highlight all the pictures, then right-click the first image and rename it..say 'Pic' and all the images would rename like Pic01, Pic02, Pic03..etc. Don't know if this would help you but I find this handy in Windows 7.

Comment

In Parent Folder I have around 500 Folders and I want to rename all the file in the respective folders in a specific file format. I got the way to rename the file name but the only problem I am facing is file name counter do not get rest from folder to folder. Find the issue below through example. I want file name counter to rest.

Before Run
              1) Test (Parent Folder)

2) Test1 (Sub Folder)
              A) Filename123.jpg
              B) Filename321.jpg

3) Test2 (Sub Folder)
              A) Filename456.jpg
              B) Filename654.jpg

Expected Result
              1) Test (Parent Folder)

2) Test1 (Sub Folder)
              A) Test1 001.jpg
              B) Test1 002.jpg

3) Test2 (Sub Folder)
              A) Test2 001.jpg
              B) Test2 002.jpg

Current Result:
              1) Test (Parent Folder)

2) Test1 (Sub Folder)
              A) Test1 001.jpg
              B) Test1 002.jpg

3) Test2 (Sub Folder)
              A) Test2 003.jpg
              B) Test2 004.jpg

I have also created new post with further details.

Comment

Working...
              X