Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested List over file extensions to traverse

Hi.

Under the "Load custom file types" there is a pretty long list. When I want to remove an extension (I never want to see text files wnen looking through pictures) I often overlook it and fail to find it manually. So I copy all text use an external text editor and find all filetypes I don't want to load, and copy back the new list.

So I got an idea how to improve this functionality. In the list under "Associated file extension" - what about making another column with check boxes? This coloumn should decide what filetypes to open when going to next picture.

Another approach is to get rid of the list and add two buttons instead where the list is now.
    Button 1 opens a popup window that have a similar list as the "Associated file extension" list.
    Button 2 opens a popup window that show the list in text format, just like it does now. But the window is bigger and contains more than one line. Wrapped text just like an input field like this one on the forum, and the user is free to edit the list any way he or she want it to be. The popup window should also have a little input field that enables the user to search for an extension. Eg. if you write "tx" in the little window, it would be easy to spot the "txt" in the list.

Or maybe it could be just one button called something like "Advanced file extension edit" having two tabs, each as described under button 1 and 2.

Thanks
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.
Working...
X