scrolling large images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scrolling large images

I like to download large images, larger than screen size. In full screen I scroll to the portion I want for wallpaper, usually, and hit print screen. On my desktop it works fine but on my new laptop, it does not. I got a cheap dell laptop which may be lacking in graphics memory but when I try to scroll, it hits the "edge" which clearly isn't the edge of the image. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,
    Tim

Use window mode with fit image to window.
    Set the custom selection (shortcut Shift C) to the size of the wallpaper you want.
    Move the custom selection to crop the area of interest.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by telliott View Post
      I like to download large images, larger than screen size. ...
      Try a free screenshot tool like SiteShoter, WebShot or another suitable program!

Comment

Two other ways that may let you get to the edge of the image in fullscreen mode are to drag the image with right mouse button pressed (make sure you have first Checked "Use right mouse button for scrolling ...." in Fullscreen/slideshow options) or use the Home, End, Page up, Page Down keys (make sure you have first Unchecked "Jump to next image if Page keys or mouse used..." in Browsing/Editing options).

Comment

Working...
        X