4.28 Print Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed 4.28 Print Preview

I was hoping this would be fixed in 4.28 ... But my Print Preview is not right ..
    It's supposed to be round for printing on a DVD .. But, The print is OK.
    Attached Files

It looks as though you are asking it to print a 4.7in x 4.7in image on a 120mm CD label. Yes, the preview image is incorrect if you ask to print something that will not fit on the paper that you are using. How big is this printed image that you say is OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      How big is this printed image that you say is OK?
      Printing on a CD/DVD .. The 120mm number comes from my printer setup in the DVD tray.
      the default DPI size of the image is 4.75"
      Doesn't seem to make much difference in what units I use ...
      The aspect ratio of the preview Image is wrong .. But the CD/DVD looks good.
      Attached Files

Comment

Select Best fit to page. Is the Preview now square and what size does the box say the Resulting image size on paper will be ?

That will tell us the biggest image that Irfanview believes it can print, based on what the printer driver tells it about the printing media.

Comment

Nothing I do will result in a "Round" picture which is what it should look like .. (that I've found so far)
          And I think I've see other Preview problems before.

Now that I know the final print is OK .. This is only a problem in deciding if I should take the Chance ..
          and go ahead and try Printing on a DVD.
          Looks to me like v4.28 still has the same Preview aspect ratio problems that I've seen in the previous versions.

Thanks for the Suggestions .. I may try some other setups the next time.
          Even with this Preview problem .. I think using Irfanview is better that trying to use HP's Software to print on a DVD.
          I don't even install HP's software.

Comment

I think I figured this out ..
            The preview box for this printer setup should be square ..
            If it was square .. the Preview would be OK.
            IV probably can't determine how the Printer paper is configured ..
            So all I have to do is adjust my Wetware

Comment

I have found that sometimes clicking twice on the selected printer it will fix this. Or even clicking on different printers.

Comment

Working...
              X