libjpeg-turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented libjpeg-turbo

libjpeg-turbo (http://libjpeg-turbo.virtualgl.org/) is a replacement of the regular libjpeg that I guess is used on Irfanview, with several times faster processing speed.

It also supportx x64, so if at some point is there a Native 64bit IrfanView, it will be also valid.

I would like to see Irfanview updated with the turbo coder/decoder to improve runtime performance.

Hi nikkho,

If you think that's a good idea, then please contact the program author (via email) and tell him your suggestions and thoughts!
    (In this forum you find everything about the program and you will get help with support from other users! But in the IrfanView Support Forum you don't find a personal answer of Irfan Skiljan!)

regards
    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      If you think that's a good idea, then please contact the program author (via email) and tell him your suggestions and thoughts!
      Thank you Frank. I have just contacted Irfan about that topic. Will post here any news on his side (if any).

Regards.

Comment

Here is Irfan's answer:

Ok, NASM is great, I already experimented with it and my VC++ 6 and
        it worked ;-)

64 bit: I have an alpha-version of an older IrfanView (4.23) with 64 bit.
        Do you want to test it? ;-)

I will play now more with 64 bit and probably make a 4.28 version.

There is no big difference in speed 32 vs. 64 bit ... it works better
        with VERY large images ...

Comment

I think, that are good news for you and now you are happy!
          (And I think also if you want a release sometimes then it's better you test Irfans alpha version and give him some feedback!)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            I think, that are good news for you and now you are happy!
            (And I think also if you want a release sometimes then it's better you test Irfans alpha version and give him some feedback!)
            Yes sure I am happy, and excited too! I have been just started testing Irfanview x64 alpha, and it looks really good to be honest.

Comment

Since IrfanView V4.30 the libjpeg-turbo is implemented as replacement of the regular libjpeg!

see history of changes:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X