This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    personally I have never used the "Open in External Editor" option, and had to search hard to find it as it is only available from the Thumbnail browser.[/url]
    Not so. The "Open with external editor" command is also in the main IV window, under the File command, which also shows the "Shift+E" shortcut.

So, with the current opened image, you can press "Shift+E" and have the image opened in your defined external editor.
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Hi,

I don't know how difficult a change of the toolbar will be. But maybe Irfan will put it on his to do list... :-)
      Customizing toolbars is not really brand new, and if Irfan thinks about it, maybe these points are interessting:
      - horizontal / vertical toolbar
      - floating toolbar (like gimp, not fixed to the picture window)

Regards, Nils.

Comment

+1 for and Original Size button next to the zoom buttons on the toolbar. i have my view set to "fit only big images to window" so whenever a big image is viewed, i can press the button to view the original size.

its much easier than hitting a keyboard shortcut, or a drop-down menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
          What more could a real IV user want?
          Fit to desktop width and height by pressing "F" again?
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

Originally posted by Meez View Post
            +1 for and Original Size button next to the zoom buttons on the toolbar. i have my view set to "fit only big images to window" so whenever a big image is viewed, i can press the button to view the original size.
            Why not set the recommended option than? View»Display options»Fit to image 1:1. Then the Enter key is the Window/Full screen switch. You can easy browse in Full screen using the arrow keys, and take a ‘real’ view in the Window mode, where you can move the image with the rightmousebutton to scan the whole picture (or using the arrow keys again). In Properties»Full screen you set the recommended option ‘Fit to screen: large images only’. I view my images this way for many years.

Comment

I agree about the annoyance of the Save As dialog ("S") coming up with an irrelevant directory.
              But BP is right about the risk of unintentionally overwriting things. Although warnings can be set in Misc1.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

customizable toolbar and other minor requests

* Customizable toolbar

* Make the following icons available in the customizable toolbar:
                - zoom 1:1 (100%)
                - zoom to fit window
                - link to the lossless rotation plugin
                - lossless rotate 90 degrees to the left
                - lossless rotate 90 degrees to the right
                - lossless horizontal flip
                - lossless vertical flip
                Last edited by ElfQrin; 02.11.2007, 11:07 AM. Reason: Removed extra requests: it's probably better to keep each request in its own thread, a la Bugzilla

Comment

I already requested this feature, but I have been laughed down.
                  Flexible toolbar is the "must have" feature for the IrfanVIew

Comment

(Nothing is a "must have" for IrfanVIew, as far as I'm concerned, but) this is a request with vast consequences.
                    I suppose everyone will have a favourite list of buttons with very specific IV-commands to be in the toolbar.
                    To satisfy all, the bar would be stuffed up, and not more flexible.

An increase in flexibility could be possible if the user could switch from the main toolbar to a sub-toolbar (and back!), like it's possible in TC.
                    This sub-toolbar then could have a custom collection of certain Irfan View functions.
                    But the consequence of this is, that every command of IrfanView should have its own icon, to place in the bar.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Adding icons to the toolbar to perform lossless rotations would be a great enhancement. And with the current version of IV one can already select which buttons should be in the toolbar, so it would be great when these icons can be added to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen
                        I suppose everyone will have a favourite list of buttons with very specific IV-commands to be in the toolbar.
                        Yes, that's exactly the purpose of a customizable toolbar...

Originally posted by Sam_Zen
                        To satisfy all, the bar would be stuffed up, and not more flexible.
                        Actually not: users can choose only the buttons they like, so that the bar will not be "stuffed": many applications have a customizable toolbar.
                        For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox, right click anywhere in the menu bar, click on "Customize...". You'll see a new window containing many buttons. You can drag and drop buttons from the window to the toolbar to customize it, and drag them back to the window to remove them from the toolbar.

Another example: if you have WinZip, right click on the toolbar (in a place where there are no buttons), and click on "Select buttons..." to customize your toolbar.

Many other applications like Microsoft Office, CorelDraw, EditPlus, and so on, have a customizable toolbar since years and it really makes life easier for users to have their favorite functions just a click away.
                        Last edited by ElfQrin; 02.11.2007, 10:59 AM. Reason: you can click anywhere in Mozilla's menubar to get the context menu

Comment

Well, you convinced me.
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Nice to see you are an open minded person. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                              Well, you convinced me.
                              Does that mean this feature might pop up in the future? Because i too think it's great. Microsoft products are great when it comes to creating shortcut buttons, not all the buttons are in the toolbar but you can go into options and add ANY button you want.

I'd like to add the scan button and copy shop buttons specifically

Also, in regards to something different, any possibility in having a feature to allow switches to be used in shortcut buttons created for the desktop, for example if i wanted to create a shortcut button on the Desktop so that Irfanview opened WITH the copyshop tool then i'd create a shortcut like:
                              "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /copyshop

or if i wanted to open Irfanview WITH the scanning tool opened, then:
                              "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" /scan

or something like that. This could help users who use Irfanview to scan a lot of items. Just to make everything more fast and efficient. It may seem pretty easy to select the options from the menu (yes it is) but for people who scan all the time every day, this kind of feature could be useful. Could also add switches for batch processing, thumbnails etc. The shortcuts do not get created during install, instead users who wish to use them simply read the instruction file and they see whether they'd like any of the additional shortcuts and simply create them themselves using the simple commands.
                              Last edited by Xad; 22.12.2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

You are suggesting a "wizard" interface for desktop shortcut creation? I suppose that would make it easier for some people, though I prefer to teach them to do it themselves. There are also a lot of program launchers around that allow one to create menus of links with various parameters added. That keeps desktops less cluttered too.

IMHO the Microsoft products have every button but the buttons I want... LOL
                                Its: Belongs to "It"
                                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                                ---------------------
                                Lose: Fail to keep
                                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
                                X