This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    Do not fit anything will allow you to zoom the picture to whatever size you wish, without resizing the window. If you want to size the image to the Window, then use Shift W. Then Ctrl H will resize to 100%.
    Thanks! That helped ALOT though the key combinations are quirky at best as one uses Ctrl and the other Shift. A lot of mispressed keys when I was trying it out. I hope muscle memory will kick it soon enough. Would be better if IrfanView could let us customize the keys or at least make it more uniform. Also, the buttons are still much wanted and will be much appreciated. <3

Comment

More buttons in toolbar

Hi,
      will be fine to have more very often used buttons in toolbar like

zoom 1:1 (original size) - is shortcut for it, but when you are presenting by mouse, then... and it is long way go to view menu
      Fit to screen - large images only
      rotate left
      rotate right

best is to make toolbar cusotmizable.

Comment

"More buttons in toolbar" - That sounds good!
        But then all existing skins would be no longer useful and would need an update!
        (see also: "Button zum Scannen in Symbolleiste")

Comment

Rotate buttons

Rotate button - Why Irfanview dont implement buttons "Rotate image" and it keeps only that keyboard shortcut. Is a important feature that misses. Why optionally i cannot add this button on the Toolbar ?

Comment

There are far too many commands to add them all to the toolbar, which is limited to 19 buttons total due to the way that toolbar skins work. They just use a simple transparent bitmap.

Customisable shortcuts would be useful, and this feature has often been requested, but adding customisable toolbars is a whole different ball-game.

You can opt to rotate image automatically on loading them using their Exif data. Why else would you need to rotate an image other than it being taken with the camera rotated?
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Easy Addition? Crop Button

Is it possible to have a crop button that simulates <Ctrl>Y. That would be so useful.

Thanks

Comment

Ability to add/remove/change buttons in the toolbar

Hi, it would be nifty it if were possible to add, remove or change order of the buttons in the toolbar. Basically a possibility to add any menu item as a toolbar button..,

Specifically I want to add "crop" and "resize" buttons to the toolbar

Comment

ROTATE image button on the toolbar

Hi - please can you put a button to rotate the image as a button on the toolbar as well as in the menus. It would help when clicking through many images to orient them quickly. Thanks.

Comment

Rotate and flip button

There should be buttons "rotate" and "flip" beside the zoom buttons in the toolbar so you can hide the menu bar which just takes space from the photo!
                    Last edited by fiable; 11.02.2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

buttons for &quot;Original Size&quot; and &quot;AutoZoom&quot;

Hhmm, ...
                      I see, you want such feature only for single actions! Only for the current image!
                      (These functions use also many other comparable programs!)
                      You don't want to change the display options permanently! Is that right?

That could become difficult, because the program always uses skins,
                      which then probably would have to be adapted also!

But indeed this is a nice (and possibly helpful) idea, ...
                      Please ask also the program author Irfan Skiljan (via email) concerning this kind of a program implementation!

Comment

&quot;Original size&quot; and &quot;Full view&quot;

Hello.
                        (excuse for my bad english )

I keep IrfanView in my soft set for many years, but rarely use it. The reason - non-ergonomic features. No preview near the thumbnails, and inability to easily zoom to the original size and to the view "fit in window".
                        I understand, that the strategy primarily proceeds from "display settings" ("1:1, recommended", and so on). And there is combination Ctrl + H... But this is very uncomfortable and "originally". At the same time most programs use not only Num + and Num -, but Num / and Num * too! Those keys are free in IrfanView, and neither they are used for it, and nor the toolbar skins include such buttons for these functions.
                        I am surprised that so far nobody has suggested that the requested features are useful. Or prompted, but ... Apparently, millions of users do not care about these non-existing features.

Comment

Originally posted by Erekle View Post
                          No preview near the thumbnails, and inability to easily zoom to the original size and to the view "fit in window".
                          I have no idea why anyone needs a preview near the thumbnails. If the thumbnails are too small to see what they are, use a larger thumbnail setting. Any thumbnail is opened in IrfanView window with double-click.

I don't know of any program using /* on the Numpad for zooming. Shift O is now used for Original size. I find "F" is more convenient as its a toggle key.

There have been many previous requests to allow customisation of the keyboard and toolbars. That would be much better than thousands of separate requests for changing individual shortcuts.
                          Originally posted by Erekle View Post
                          and neither they are used for it, and nor the toolbar skins include such buttons for these functions.
                          There are toolbar buttons for Zoom in/out
                          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for reply!
                            If the thumbnails are too small to see what they are, use a larger thumbnail setting
                            Sometimes there are many pictures in folder...
                            Of course, IrfanView primarily is viewer, not browser (and, by the way, usually is presented in most LiveCDs from exUSSR as viewer, because of it's quality and small size), but if use it as complete solution, it would be desirable pay attention at the browsing part also.
                            any program using /* on the Numpad for zooming. Shift O is now used for Original size.
                            ACDSee, XNview, FS Viewer (which one is also non-ergonomic because of it's magnifier, presented everywhere and in all actions )...
                            Shift O is combination, that requires distraction from the display. To perform this action, it is needed to aim and not to miss.
                            There are toolbar buttons for Zoom in/out
                            - only for them... When navigation is performed with mouse, 100 % and FullView buttons are required.
                            There have been many previous requests to allow customisation of the keyboard and toolbars. That would be much better than thousands of separate requests for changing individual shortcuts.
                            Yes, customization is better!
                            Last edited by Erekle; 06.03.2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

A pity there is no consistency over what the keys do;

KEY.....Faststone.... XNView..... Photoscape....Zoner

* ......... Fit ........... 100% .......... Fit .......... 100%
                              / ......... 100% ........ Fit ............. Fit .......... No action

Comment

In any case, they are used...

besides that, if you specify 100 % in ACDSee, the next picture will also be 100 %, if you specify "Fit in", the following will fit. And the parameter "Fit onle big images" is kept (not only in ACDSee). But in IrfanView, if one image is bigger than window, and other - smaller, and you have specified "Fit only big images", the F key removes this predefined setting, and the second, small picture is increased to the size of the window. So F is not universal key.

In any case, you decide. I just expressed my surprise that the existing order no one cares for many years; when exists the resource to easily add this feature - if not keys, then two buttons on toolbar.

Comment

Working...
                                X