Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Allow Toolbar Customisation

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default Add "100%" and "Fit to Window" buttons to button bar.

There are 2 things I think many of us use quite often: the need to see an image at 100% ("full size") and "fit to window" in a short time BUT we usually have to get into the "View > Display Options" to do it. I really would like a 1 click solution. So, please add "100%" (or Full Size) and "Fit to Window" buttons to button/tool bar. I would place these next to the Zoom buttons.

Is there a way to get the F key to function in the same way in full screen mode as it does in window mode? (switch between fit screen and 100%)
    In full screen mode it cycles through various display sizes
    Last edited by rocsen; 09.01.2010 at 07:53 PM.

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

No. F1 for Help. 1/2 to switch between fit to screen and original size

1 Full screen mode: Show images/movies with the original size (1:1)
    2 Full screen mode: Fit to screen: large images only
    3 Full screen mode: Fit to screen: all images/movies
    4 Full screen mode: Stretch all images/movies to screen
    5 Full screen mode: Fit image width to screen width
    6 Full screen mode: Fit image height to screen height

Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    CPU Cores

It has been discussed here in general terms (the best would be to have a customizable toolbar), but it seems that it won't be done.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Default Orientation

Hi, any chance of having facility to place left / right orientation buttons on the toobar?

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win 7
    CPU Cores

I would like to support this request. The current "View at 100%" behaviour is that it will resize IrfanView's window. We need a feature (and a very important button on the toolbar) that will resize the picture to 100% and yet doesn't resize the window. This is the only major stumbling block that keeps me from mantaining IrfanView as my default photo viewer.

OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by superbarney View Post
    I would like to support this request. The current "View at 100%" behaviour is that it will resize IrfanView's window. We need a feature (and a very important button on the toolbar) that will resize the picture to 100% and yet doesn't resize the window. This is the only major stumbling block that keeps me from mantaining IrfanView as my default photo viewer.
    Then you should immediately switch to using IrfanView as your default viewer because this behaviour is already available.

From the View menu, Display Options, select "Do not fit anything." To zoom to the original size use Ctrl H.

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win 7
    CPU Cores

I need the picture to fit inside the window size that I've set. Do Not Fit Anything will display the picture at 100% all the time.

Ctrl-H is what I need when I'm using Fit Big Images to Window but would be infinitely more useful if it could undo the magnification back to the "Fit to Window" size. Thanks for the tip though.

OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by superbarney View Post
    I need the picture to fit inside the window size that I've set. Do Not Fit Anything will display the picture at 100% all the time.

Ctrl-H is what I need when I'm using Fit Big Images to Window but would be infinitely more useful if it could undo the magnification back to the "Fit to Window" size. Thanks for the tip though.
    Do not fit anything will allow you to zoom the picture to whatever size you wish, without resizing the window. If you want to size the image to the Window, then use Shift W. Then Ctrl H will resize to 100%.

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win 7
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    Do not fit anything will allow you to zoom the picture to whatever size you wish, without resizing the window. If you want to size the image to the Window, then use Shift W. Then Ctrl H will resize to 100%.
    Thanks! That helped ALOT though the key combinations are quirky at best as one uses Ctrl and the other Shift. A lot of mispressed keys when I was trying it out. I hope muscle memory will kick it soon enough. Would be better if IrfanView could let us customize the keys or at least make it more uniform. Also, the buttons are still much wanted and will be much appreciated. <3

Thread Information