This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Add More Buttons to the Toolbar

Can you add button to tool bar to be able control file sort order (asc/desc) and dropdown list to change sort list kind (by Name, by Date, by Size)?

Thank you!

I think "Original size" is a fairly commonly used function,
    especially for those who set "Display options" to "Fit images to [...]" or "Fit only big images to [...]".

Considering "Original size" is near the bottom of the View menu (not the most practical place),
    I would like to request a "Original size" toolbar button.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you Remain! This is exactly the button I also wanted to ask for! I missed this button especially when I intend to compare the quality between the same picture saved in different formats. So, I join "the club" and I also ask for this button.

Comment

I agree that this would be a nice button to have. I would think most of those options in the view menu should have corresponding buttons too.

Comment

I support this.
          Apart from display options, I often zoom in or out with the + and - keys, so a quick way to return to the original size
          and window would be quite elegant.

An alternative for a button could be a 'original size' option in the r-click context menu.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I agree, this is an essential feature, though a button is not really needed as the shortcut Control H already does this. If there was a toolbar button for every function available in IV, the interface would soon get cluttered like other programs.

The way to go for the future is a fully customisable inteface so that users can define their own shortcuts, menus, and toolbar buttons.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

For the time being you could set the zoom step to 25% and just hold the "-" or "+" key for a little while until the status bar reads 100%.

Comment

2 Bhikkhu Pesala
                Thanks for the tip about Ctrl+H. I have been ignorant.
                So to me, no direct need for a dedicated button any more.
                You're right about a custom tool/command bar. That would be very nice.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I'd like to see a dedicated button!
                  Sites4Biz | Grimaldi - UK Heavy Metal | The Hell Hole

Comment

Originally posted by remain View Post
                    I think "Original size" is a fairly commonly used function,
                    especially for those who set "Display options" to "Fit images to [...]" or "Fit only big images to [...]".

Considering "Original size" is near the bottom of the View menu (not the most practical place),
                    I would like to request a "Original size" toolbar button.

Thanks!
                    I wish to add my support for this request. The ctrl-H shortcut isn't good enough for this core feature.

Comment

Actually, I would like a "original size" and a "fit to window" button near zoom+, zoom-, as these are maybe the two operation I use the most often (first a look to the whole picture, then see it 1:1 to check focus, noise, grain and so on).

Comment

Since the original size command is so readily available by way of the keyboard, I don't care about a button for that. However, Guillaume's suggestion for a "fit to window" button makes me think "Yes, there could/should be options to add some view management buttons!"

I would like a few more hot keys, but the keyboard is getting all used up already so I won't ask!
                        Its: Belongs to "It"
                        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                        ---------------------
                        Lose: Fail to keep
                        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Allow Toolbar Customisation

I think it would be very handy to have a way to customize toolbar. I need to have some menu items as toolbar buttons (i.e. Auto adjust colors and Open in external editor, which I use very often)
                          In 2007 Microsoft Office-like toolbar is the standart de-facto for all the SW.

Comment

Auto adust colors: Ctrl + U
                            Open in external editor: Shift + E
                            There's no way of doing this quicker and you keep as fit as a fiddle (RSI).

Comment

BTW Auto adust colors: Shift+U

I don't know what's SW, but to me something 'Office-like' is a non-argument, maybe even on the contrary.

Of course, a custom toolbar is nice, but has its drawbacks. The toolbar will grow horizontally, and already now, with all buttons enabled, it means with rather small pictures, that on the right of the picture the place is filled with the background color. (with "Fit window to image" enabled)
                              But I'm willing to support the adding of 1 or 2 extra items in the list of Properties/Toolbar, to be able to set some often used functions of IV. But this is only possible if there are also buttons for that. How to import them ?

2 Sjef
                              Thanks a lot. Never took attention of those two functions, and especially setting the ext. editor is great, because the current file of IV can be opened by my painter as well on the spot, which is a better efficiency for the way I work.
                              Found a minor 'bug' while handling this. I did Shift+E while no ext. editor was set yet, and then there is a message to check this in Properties/Misc2, instead of Properties/Folders.
                              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                              X