Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slideshow not working in Windows 7 64 bit (Sometimes!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow not working in Windows 7 64 bit (Sometimes!)

Hello, My name is Paul. I have been using Irfanview for about 5-6 years now, and am extremely happy with it.

I have searched the forums but see no one had mentioned the problem I seem to be having with IFVW 4.27. I can use the Slideshow function normally with a set of nexted folders producing 1231 photos in sequence. When I use a larger folder with more than 5,000 images, Irfanview runs in an endless loop, taking about 40- 50 % of available CPU, usually one core more so than the others. I opened up the resource manager, which reported IFVW was looking in the wrong folders! (Not the one I selected for the slideshow) This wrong folder, like the selected folder is in a master folder, parent to the folder with 5000 plus images. This parent contains over 2 million photos and tens of thousands of nested folders. I spider pictures from the web, (Which are mirrored in the Master parent folder) and have done this since 2005. I am wondering if this error may be due to a limitation in the number of files IFVW can put in a slideshow? (Dynamic range limitation?)

My PC is running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have 8Gb ram. I am running as administrator. The processor is an AMD Phenom 8750 Triple core running at 2.4 Ghz.
Working...
X