Search strings passed through HTML?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search strings passed through HTML?

Hello all. I'm hoping someone can help me figure out a solution to my problem here

I have a few thousand pictures which are already Metadata tagged.
    I have created many folders of HTML gallery using these pictures (they are by year in the folders and have to stay as such)
    I now plan to burn the entire gallery to a DVD disk and would like to put Infranview on the DVD as well to use as a search engine for the metadata.

This disk is for my grandparents so I would like to make it as easy as possible by providing them a search box on the HTML webpage that will pass along the info to Infranview and display the results in thumbnail mode.

Is this possible? Thanks so much for any guidance ahead of time!

T

I don't think so. It is possible for a search app to build a page of thumbs. What are you going to use for the search engine?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I am using infranview for the search - it can search the meta data which is already completed for all the pictures.

What I am trying to do is build a web-based form that can submit the search variable to infranview - which will do the search on the DVD and return all the images with that variable. Then, on infranview, you have to click "view thumbnail" for that list.
      I'd like it to automatically show the thumbnail list.

Hope that all makes sense lol

I already have the complete album set up with thumbnails using any browser to browse through them - the only missing piece is how to use that same index webpage to pass the search to infranview
      Last edited by tnttroy; 16.01.2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

So, are you saying that you can do what you want to do manually in Irfanview at present by opening File > Search files , fill in where you want to search and a text string of what to search for within the Exif, Iptc or Comment metadata, do the search and click on Show in Thumbnails?

If that is the case then it might be possible to do it automatically from HTML. It will not be easy because Irfanview does not have a Command line option to conduct a search but you can embed script files in HTML which could in principle carry out all the necessary actions.

What the script would need to do is
        a) Modify the [FilterFiles] section of the i_view32.ini file to contain your search terms. There is a Visual Basic script to do that sort of thing in the Batch files and Script thread of Plugins and Add-Ons
        b) Open Irfanview from the script
        c) Send the keys Ctrl+F , Enter, Alt+T with suitable delays between them for the actions to complete.

Comment

Yes that's exactly what I'm attempting to do!

Sounds so much easier the way you described it though haha

I'll give that a shot - thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
          X