Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures rotate when opened in infraview how to stop that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures rotate when opened in infraview how to stop that?

Hi guys thanks for reading hopefully you can help. I edit about 150 pics a day and use infraview for part of the editing. My procedure is to transfer them from a memory card to a folder on my pc. However before I open them in infraview I have to select all pics in folder then rotate them clockwise then select all rotate them counter clockwise.
    If I do not do this procedure when I open them up in infraview a small percentage of the pictures will be rotated 1 turn clockwise or 1 one turn counterclockwise with the majority being straight just as they should be. Feel free to laugh at me as long as you like if in the end you can help me correct this. It seems to me when they are viewed in thumbnail version in infraview some pics are unsure of which way to be positioned or something.

Any suggestions will be considered and helpfull
    (If there is opther threads that apply to this I would love to know.)

I've merged your three single threads!
    Please don't bump your posts!
    It also gives us mods more to do by deleting or merging post(s)!
    It's more meaningful to spend the time to help other forum members with their questions!

best regards
    moderator Frank
    Last edited by Frank; 16.01.2011, 06:32 PM.

Options > Properties/Settings > JPG/PCD/GIF tab. Uncheck Auto-rotate image according to EXIF information

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
      Options > Properties/Settings > JPG/PCD/GIF tab. Uncheck Auto-rotate image according to EXIF information
      Do this in ijnfraview or in my picture folder on my pc

Comment

Try a forum search with keywords like "Auto-rotate" or "Auto-rotate image according to EXIF information"!
        Then you will find a lot of results!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          Try a forum search with keywords like "Auto-rotate" or "Auto-rotate image according to EXIF information"!
          Then you will find a lot of results!
          I performed the search as you suggested and got this very clear message???$e36868 64 bit adaptive threshold alpha channel anwendungsverzeichnis apng aufnahmedatum autostart babylon batchscan bild automatisch drehen black border browse subfolders cadimage-plugin can't load ghostscript can't read file header ! can't register hotkey cbr codecs color picker cpu-auslastung crash decode error dual monitor dxf eps erstellungsdatum ändern esc flac ghostscript google earth gps geotagging impdf invalid eps file invalid mci device id irfanpaint jp2 kadmos lineal lossless jpg crop lurawave mehrseitige pdf metadata mts ocr_kadmos optik von irfanview pdf pre-read preload remove black border riot-plugin rounded corners ruler scanhidden scannen skins slow zoom speichern tags terminal-server tilt shift undo/redo unicode user name vids:dvsd webcam window ruler xmp zdl zno2pdf zuschneiden

Comment

Auto-rotate search results.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by fevrish View Post
              Do this in ijnfraview or in my picture folder on my pc
              Do it in Irfanview, Options menu.

Comment

c;icked on your auto-search link and got this Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. Question is there a difference between infraview 4.27 and infraview thumps because my problem is in infraview thumbs unless it is the same program...updated my profile also

Comment

I think I finally got it. I found exactly what you mentioned and changed it and it seems to have fixed it. Here is why I was having troubles finding what you were talking about. I do all my editing in infraview thumbs and I was searching for the edit option in there and there was a option drop down box but not the one you were speaking of. I went into programs and found infraview 4.27 and found the options you are speaking of and made the changes. The3n went back into infraview thumbs and everything was corrected. The correct is correct the confusion is infraview thumbs is like a subsiderary of the base program or something. Hope you can understand what I am trying to explain if not I can do some screen captures to show in pictures. But thanks for helping me with the correction

Comment

Glad you got there eventually. Yes Irfanview is primarily a viewer and the main window is the one where a single image at a time is viewed. It is there that most of the options for the program are set.
                    The Thumbnails window is subsidiary and only contains options that are specific to the thumbnail view.
                    You do not have to "find" the program to open the main window however. Just double click on one of the thumbnails and the main window will open with that image displayed.

Comment

Working...
                    X