Crop to 8x10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop to 8x10

I want to crop a photo then print it 8x10.

In other editing programs I could make a cropping box with a fixed aspect ratio that I could move around and see what would go into the box.

I've read the Help section, but cannot figure out how to do it.

Thanks, cb

Shift C to make a custom selection.

Hold Ctrl while dragging the edge of the selection to maintain the aspect ratio.

Right click to move it, or use the cursor keys for precise positioning. Then Ctrl Y to crop.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I Did Shift C and got the dialog box. I chose 5:4, then clicked Apply to Image.

I pressed Control and held it down while I dragged the selection, but it let me drag whatever size crop I wanted.
      How do I make it maintain the aspect ratio?

Thanks, cb

Comment

Originally posted by abredt View Post
        I pressed Control and held it down while I dragged the selection, but it let me drag whatever size crop I wanted. How do I make it maintain the aspect ratio?
        That's right, holding ctrl allows you to drag the selection to any size, but the aspect ratio is maintained.

If you want to set a specific size, check the 5:4 radio checkbox, then set the width or height.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

A million thanks. I would never have figured out how to do it from the Help file.
          cb

Comment

Working...
          X