Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested compare images

hello,

i need a program which shows the difference between two images. best would be to subtract one picture by the other.
    this should be a command line call because i use a revision control system like smartsvn and want to see the changes of the images by one click. i could use photoshop, but i have plenty of images and photoshop starts really slow.

thanks chris

Irfanview does not offer any comparison features but does have useful command line options.

Faststone image viewer allows you to place two images side by side to compare them. The images can be zoomed or scrolled together to make it easier to spot the differences.
    Wildbit Viewer adds some calculations to quantify the difference between the images although it does not help you to identify where those differences are.
    Merge will actually do what you ask and subtract one image from another.
    None of these offer command line options though AFAIK.

Image Magick is command line driven and does have the ability to create composites of images. So it probably could do what you want, but it is very complex and you might well have a long learning curve to work out how to compose the necessary commands.

All of them are free so take a look and judge for yourself.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mij,
      Thanks for the links! Image Magick has a comparision implemented in the latest version. It works fine!
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X