Slow opening pause...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow opening pause...

When double-clicking an image from within Windows Explorer, the program pops open and displays the image right away, but the program is "frozen" for 8-10 seconds while Windows (loads something?) before can actually use the program. The images load correctly, there is nothing wrong or distorted. But the computer shows the "busy" hourglass for that 8-10 second period.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64.

There are no viruses, spyware, etc. The drive is not fragmented, the images are on a local drive. There are no extra processes or programs loaded or running that could possibly slow the system down (and with 12 gigs of RAM, I've got 10 gigs spare!!) and nothing else I can think of. The cache is normal sized nothing strange.

The program is v4.28, with the plug-in package also installed, and is set as the default image handler for all types. Fullscreen/slideshow options are set to "Fit To Screen - Large Images Only", the resample functions are un-checked (off); and I don't see any other settings that could affect image and program loading time.
    Never had this problem on XP system, always immediately ready to use the program.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!

Did you disabled both resampling options? There is one for full screen in the options and one for window mode in the menu view / Display options (windows mode).

Comment

Another possibility is that there are a large number of files in the folder. I believe IrfanView scans the folder to determine the order and which files to show when browsing.

Comment

Working...
      X