Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you check the IPTC info on this image please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you check the IPTC info on this image please?

I have recently been sent some photos which I thought had the IPTC / XMP / EXIF info stripped out, as IrfanView didn't show any data when I opened them.
    However, the person who sent them from a Mac insisted this data was present and when I checked in Photoshop I saw they were right.

Would you mind looking at the following file in IrfanView to see if you can see any camera info / copyright please? http://www.woodlandsfarm.co.uk/arts-..._3040-copy.jpg

In my latest version of IrfanView, this information is all blank, but Photoshop can read it.
    Any idea why my IrfanView can't?

Thank you,

/\dam

The image appears to have embedded XMP metadata that Irfanview does not read. All the Exif information is within the XMP wrapper.
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, thank you. I wonder if this is a known limitation?

/\dam

Comment

Originally posted by sheik View Post
        Interesting, thank you. I wonder if this is a known limitation?

/\dam
        I would think so. There are a handful of programs that will show XML data but not all that many.

Comment

Irfan has replied to me:
          IrfanView has no support for XMP data, just IPTC version 1 or EXIF.

Your image, I don't know which crazy program created it, saved everything as XMP, and XMP ONLY, no normal IPTC or EXIF data is filled.
          So that answers my question. I don't know what program created my above image, only that it was from a Mac.

/\dam

Comment

Working...
          X