• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow: How to Add Audio Track?

IrfanView v 4.28
    Win7 Pro
    Intel Core i7

I am trying to create a slideshow dvd that has .jpg images advancing every 3.5 seconds and then add a .rm Real Audio file "over the top" of the images - the audio would play as the images advance. I have the slideshow images selected fine but how do I add the audio file? Thank you.
    Last edited by Rakim; 11.02.2011, 02:46 PM.

You add an audio file to a slideshow by including the path and name of the file in the list, where you want it to start playing, just like an image file.
    I do not know whether Real Audio files can be played though especially as you intend to save the show to DVD. That subject can get quite complex.

Comment

Will I need install the PlugIns (4.28) in order to get audio on my DVD, which I want to play on my standalone home theater? Is there a way that I could convert the Real .rm audio file to another format?

Comment

You did not mention home theater before. I assumed you wanted to play the DVD (disk) on another computer. I doubt that Irfanview is the right program for what you are trying to do.

Comment

I thought that if I could get the audio & video sorted with IV then I would use DVD Flick / ImgBurn to make my standalone dvd.

Comment

Irfanview creates a .exe slideshow file that can only be played on a Windows PC. AFAIK you need a video file such as .avi to make a DVD using DVD flick.
            Try something like Movie maker to create a video slideshow.

Comment

I finally got around to working on this project (making a slideshow with audio track) and it was going well until a minute ago. I have placed the Real .rm audio file in Position 1 with 130 .jpg still pictures following. I was experimenting with "syncing" the audio to a part of the jpg slideshow where it would be a good fit. I was able to play the slideshow at different times after moving a jpg up or down and everything seemed fine. Now, while I can still play the slideshow the Real audio file is "missing" (the little rectangular silver IrfanView "player" does not appear). I just installed the plugins today from the Software.com page (what IV links to) so it should be v4.30. I am soo close but
              still too far away from finishing this! Any insight and/or advice would be great.

The slide advancement is set to Auto after 1.700 seconds;
              "Suppress errors while playing" AND "Loop MP3 files" are both checked;
              I don't know what else to add at this time............

Comment

Working...
              X