My pictures are saving as black and white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pictures are saving as black and white

I have used infranview for quite a few years without any problem. Lately, whenever I upload pics they are saving as black and white. I also scanned a colored photo last week and that too saved as black and white. Nothing is checked off in grayscale. I can't figure out what it's doing that. I tooka few pics the other day. I remove the SD card and place in card reader. When picture uploads from the camera it is in color, but then when I save it, it's in b/w. Any pointers would be appreciated.

What are your settings in:

- \Options\Properties/Settings...\JPG/PCD/GIF\"Load as grayscale ..."
    Attached Files

Comment

The grayscale box is NOT checked. Should it be? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage2011 View Post
        The grayscale box is NOT checked. Should it be? Thx.
        No, of course not. You already said that its nothing is checked of in greyscale, and the only other possibility I know of is the Save as greyscale JPG option. If you're neither loading nor saving as greyscale, then I don't know what it can be.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In your attached thumbnail, I can't seem to locate that. I go into Options/property settings, but can't find it. I downloaded Picasa today, but not wild about using it. Thx.

Comment

As it says on the dialogue — its the JPG save options — its shows up when you save an image as a JPG file.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ok, found it and it was checked so I unchecked it. Thanks so much. Problem now is that all my pics are opening in Picasa. Could you tell me where I go to get it back to infranview? Also, pics are looking very grainy. I think I checked things I shouldn't have when I was trying to fix b/w problem.
              Last edited by Sage2011; 21.02.2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Can't you just re-associate them. To re-associate them just right click on an image file in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, click on Choose Program, select Irfanview from the list, check the box Always use the selected program to open this kind of file, and click OK. If Irfanview doesn't appear on the list then choose Browse to find the Irfanview exacutable.

Comment

I'll try that. Thx.

Comment

Working...
                  X