Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR2 / RAW format of Canon Powershot G12

Hi,

I can't figure out how I can get my CR2 images from a Canon Powershot G12 to display correctly on IrfanView.

I have installed the newest version and the newest plugins. When I attempt to view a CR2 file, it seems to mis-read the image dimensions, because it shows them as 160x120 pixels size. The image content is basically correct.

I have downloaded and installed a RAW codec for that camera from Canon, but I can't figure out how to get IrfanView to use it. I've read the Readme_Canon.txt, but the DLLs in the downloaded Canon codec are named differently, and even when I try to copy them to the specified folders locations, nothing changes.

Any way to get my CR2 files to display in IrfanView?

Thanks!

Options, Plugins, and disable "Try to load half-sized image"

IrfanView is an image viewer, not an editor. Loading full sized images just to view them is rather pointless for RAW images, which tend to be very large, so the default is to load a preview image if one exists.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, that does exactly what I needed.

Is there a quick way to switch between the RAW preview and the full RAW image? The quick preview is nice, but it only makes sense to me if I can search for an image, and then look at that image full size.

Comment

Use the thumbnail view for browsing, and load the full-sized image by default.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X