X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested option to show transparency with a chessboard pattern

example:

Nice example.
    Why would you need this? Is it for editting purposes?

Comment

Hey, I would like to a bump on this one, as this feature is one that I've been missing in Irfanview for a long while now.

I work with a lot of partially transparent png's and would like to quickly see where the transparent areas are. The chessboard pattern is pretty much de-facto, so that would be alright.

Thanks!

Comment

AFAIK, the problem lies with the Windows clipboard format used by IrfanView — it doesn't support 32-bit images, only 24-bit. If you want to edit 32-bit images, use a Photo Editor like PhotoShop, Corel PhotoPaint, PaintNet, the Gimp, or Serif PhotoPlus.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

+1

The default "mid-gray" background can be deceiving, you don't really know if it's transpartent PNG or ICO or just a gray background.

Comment

I have set the background to dark red color, almost indistinguishable from black. I haven't encountered any images with such background and can immediately recognize even black on trasparent drawings.

Comment

As Bikkhu said, use an other tool. IrfanView is a fast, small image viewer with a view simple manipulation capabilities.

Comment

Working...
              X