Change black to red or whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change black to red or whatever

I'd appreciate it if anyone has a clue how to change the whole of one colour in a simple b/w logo without any easily followed straight lines,to another....red,in this case.

So far I've had the paint palette open,selected an area of the (black) colour in the image I want to change,managed to get black changed to red at the bottom of the palette,but can't figure how to transfer that change of colour to ALL the black in the actual image.

In other words,I'm looking to change a black on white image,to a red on white image.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

If you have a true black and white image then you will only have 2 squares (one black and one white) in the palette. Then it is easy to change the black one to red. If you have more than 2 squares in the palette then you probably have a grayscale image.

Irfanview does not have a built in feature to turn a grayscale image red, but if you have the full plugins package installed then you should have Harry's filters included in the Adobe 8bf filters (Image > Effects > Adobe 8BF filters..)

The attached image shows how you can use the Col@rize filter in the Color group to change the coloring of a grayscale image.
    Attached Files

Comment

IrfanPaint (F12) flood-fill and colour replacer tools can also be used.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Apologies for not answering earlier,no excuses,other than I've never been a regular user of ANY forum.....plus the fact I have a memory like a sieve these days.

Big thanks to both of you for your guidance,both of which are relevant,so it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X