Convert white background to clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert white background to clear

I have a logo with a white background and would like to convert this to a clear background but can't seem to be able to do. Please advise how I can accomplish this. I am a novice with irfanview so simple instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

you need to save to a file format which supports transparency, like PNG. So just select the PNG file type and in the PNG save options check the "Sver transparent color" entry.
    So you can choose the color which should be used as transparent.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Also, if the original is a JPG, you will have to clean up stray pixels of near-white before saving transparent, because when you choose the transparent color it is very precise. Use the IrfanPaint plugin. To see how much "pixel dirt" s, use the bucket-fill to change the white background to another color (one that isn't used anywhere else in the image). If there are a lot of "white" areas, you'll need to raise the tolerance. Undo or repoen the image, and try it again until you hit the right tolerance level to take care of all the almost-whites.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by graphicnovice View Post
        I have a logo with a white background and would like to convert this to a clear background but can't seem to be able to do. Please advise how I can accomplish this. I am a novice with irfanview so simple instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks
        Thanks for the help -- it was as simple as you indicated. Sorry this took so long but business has been so good I haven't had time to come back and see the responses.
        Again thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X