color correction -- no dialogue box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I try to do color corrections, no sliders appear to let me adjust the brightness, gamma or contrast. They used to work fine but now they do not. The frame around the picture seems to change color a bit and when I click or hit any key I get an error noise until I hit escape. I am Windows 7, version 4.28. Any ideas?

Originally posted by davidsmartin View Post
    When I try to do color corrections, no sliders appear to let me adjust the brightness, gamma or contrast. They used to work fine but now they do not. The frame around the picture seems to change color a bit and when I click or hit any key I get an error noise until I hit escape. I am Windows 7, version 4.28. Any ideas?
    IF NONE of the sliders are appearing ... and because they're some sort of animation ... I would guess that there's a problem with your version of Windows' graphics set up. I've heard that Win7 REQUIRES all sorts of stuff in terms of graphics hardware and drivers, but since I've never seen it (and have ZERO intention of wasting my time with it ; the Boss can pay an IT person to mess with it at work), I don't know any details.

If SOME sliders are appearing and ont others ... then your problem is much more interesting.

The appropriate dialog boxes work perfectly for me under Ubuntu/64/Wine. Which is a pretty good indication that there's nothing particularly weird in the programming of the dialogs or the animation of the sliders themselves.

Comment

None of the sliders are appearing, I don't even see the dialog box. The picture looks about the same but it won't let me do anything until I hit the escape key. They used to work on this same computer but it has been a month or so since I used them so I don't know what has changed since then.

Comment

The dialog may be out of the screen.
        Try to move it to the visible screen area or reset your ini file.

Comment

Same problem here. Win 7, 64 bit. It was working fine till this morning. Help please??

Comment

What else has changed? Any recent Windows updates? Have you tried rebooting (turning the computer off and on again)?
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Impdf is correct -- the sliders are somehow off the edge of my screen. Resetting the .ini file fixes the problem. For me, the ini file was in users\me\appdata\ropaming\irfanview.

Now I only wish I could figure out what in the .ini file sets this position so I don't have to start over with all my preferences. But this is a very small problem!

Thanks impdf!

Comment

I have never been able to find it in the ini file either. However before you dump all your settings try using the Windows control menu to find the color corrections dialog.

Open an image, select color corrections and press Alt+Spacebar, then M. You have now opened the Windows control menu and have set the Move option, although you cannot see it because it opens over the color correction dialog somewhere off screen. Try to find it by holding down one of the arrow keys (left arrow is usually a good choice) but don't worry if you do not see it because by now you have attached the cursor to the control menu. Just move the mouse around side to side and up and down and you should see it. Set the dialog where you want to leave it and click the left mouse button to detach it from the dialog.

Comment

Working...
                X