• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Contact Sheet - File Info text beyond image borders

I made a contact sheet, 3x3 pictures, A4 size at 300 dpi

spacing and margin: 20 (by default)

"Stretch all images to maximal size" checked

File info text font Arial, size 36

On the created sheet, the file info text goes beyond the picture's border at the bottom or is entirely outside and therefore not visible.

I think this is a bug, IrfanView should take the text space into account for calculation and reserve enough pixels instead of pushing the text away!

Workaround: set spacing and margin high until the text has room enough
    (in my case spacing: 30x50, margin: 70x100)

You can attach images here to avoid image hosting sites with popups (Tip: disable javascript for that site to block the popups).

AFAIK the text is supposed to fit in the margins and/or row spacing. If you choose a large font such as Arial 36 point (48 pixels) then you need to allow at least that much space for the text.

This is not a bug unless its not working as designed. Unless I am mistaken, then it is working as it was designed.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If it was designed that way, then it's fine. Nonetheless, a hint text or a checkbox to change calculation behaviour would be nice.

You can attach images here to avoid image hosting sites with popups
      I tried that first, but gave me error:
      Code:
      Fatal error:

* Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment.

Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 849

Comment

Working...
      X