X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No "C:\Program Files\IrfanView" path !?

Hi
    I did it several times and every time the same problem:
    I'm on Windows 7 and i install Irfanview v4.25.
    Installation should install it in C:\Program Files\IrfanView.
    When installation finishes Irfanview's windows comes up, but as soon as i close the windows there is no "C:\Program Files\IrfanView" path. i checked all program files folder, searched for it, but couldn't find!
    How should i fix it?
    Thanks.

Is there any reason why you're install an old version? The latest version is 4.28.

Are you logged in as an Administrator? I am not using Windows 7 here, but that might be something to do with your problem.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

V4.28: DLed and Installed. the same problem again.
      and no i'm not in with Administrator acc but yes my acc has admin privileges.

Comment

See the thread: Alternative IrfanView Installer (AII) - Version 0.9 "light"!

Try to use this alternative installer!
        (And if you have some comments, (bug-)reports and other feedback to this alternative installer then post it there!)

Comment

Location of 32 bit apps in 64 bit Windows

If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows, installation might be to
          Code:
               C:\Program Files (x86)
          instead of
          Code:
               C:\Program Files
          At least, that's what happens on my Vista x64 installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            See the thread: Alternative IrfanView Installer (AII) - Version 0.9 "light"!

Try to use this alternative installer!
            (And if you have some comments, (bug-)reports and other feedback to this alternative installer then post it there!)
            You're the man bro ! this one worked (http://iview32.irfanview-forum.de/iview428_aii_0.9.exe)
            It's so strange!
            i installed and used it in my previous windows(it was exactly the same version i just installed, 32-bit), this time it installs, and opens after installation completes, but as soon as I close the window there's no Irfanview any longer! (for regular version)
            Last edited by netman; 08.05.2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X