Thread: Button/Key to reload the list of images that will be viewed on a directory (PgUp/PgDw

OS
    64-bit Win 7 Ultimate/Enterprise
    CPU Cores

Question Button/Key to reload the list of images that will be viewed on a directory (PgUp/PgDw

Is there a button or shortcut key to make Irfanview reload the list of images that it will be viewing on a directory?

I will usually crop a picture, save the cropped image in the same directory as the original and then delete the original, all within Irfanview. I would like to view the newly cropped image when clicking 'Next/Previous' or pressing 'PgDwn/PgUp' but I can't, since Irfanview doesn't automatically include the cropped images to the list of images. So to make Irfanview include the newly edited image, I have to close Irfanview and then view an image again in the same directory to make Irfanview include the edited image.

Shift-R (Reopen) doesn't reload the list.

If there's no button/shortcut key, can any Irfanview guru give tips or workarounds to make my predicament easier?

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Function key F5 will reload the folder.

OS
    64-bit Win 7 Ultimate/Enterprise
    CPU Cores

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    Function key F5 will reload the folder.
    D'oh!

Know how I can automate this? E.g., I crop an image, it automatically becomes included in the image viewing queue (preferably without reloading the whole directory to avoid long loading times). Another image viewer I know that does this is FastStone Image Viewer.

Thread Information