Kodak Picture CD Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Kodak Picture CD Question

I have numerous Kodak Picture CD's from late 1990's early 2000 that use the .pcd format. Kodak no longer supports that format and could not provide any assistance. When I search the CD I cannot find any .pcd files, when I take the CD to the photo store and put it in their machine it auto loads all the photo's without any problem. Does anyone know where the .pcd files are located or do the pictures files have another name or extension?

My goal is to convert the Kodak .pcd files to a jpeg and save to an external source.

Thanks

This might help:

This site has moved to a new location. To go to the new site, click here.

A list of software packages and how well they overcome the limitations of Kodak Photo CD.

Kodak just goes on and on creating horrible proprietary garbage (like the hideous "EasyShare" fluff) -- and people keep buying Kodak products. I dunno.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. Before I can convert a .pcd file I have to find it on the Kodak Picture CD. I have opened all the files on the CD and not found any .pcd files. I was expecting to find something like "image1.pcd" "image2.pcd" etc. Once I find these files I could then use one of the programs to convert to jpeg.

I know the photo's are on the CD because the pictures appear on the screen when the CD is inserted into the machine at the photo store.

Any idea how or where the .pcd files are stored?

Comment

This site says that they should be in the \Photo_cd\Images folder but the Ted Felix site referenced from it suggests that some DVD/CD players may not be able to read a Kodak Photo Cd disk.
        Last edited by Mij; 19.05.2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Tried using a different DVD/CD player and I was able to find the photo's. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
          X