Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zooming with mouse using resample in 4.28 - any option to enable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zooming with mouse using resample in 4.28 - any option to enable?

The last time I had been able to zoom the rectangle area selected with mouse was in version 4.25 and I cannot use 4.27 or 4.28 because I can't find the settings. Something has changed and the setting in the last two versions stopped working. Can anybody help, please?

Thank You

I don't think there is one. Neither of the View, Display options have any effect when using that method.

I suspect that resampling when zooming to a selection was disabled because it could easily freeze IrfanView on large images or on older hardware. On mine, zooming large images is unusuable with resampling enabled. It takes about 30 seconds to redraw for each click of the mousewheel.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.06.2011, 08:51 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Press Shift+F5 after you have zoomed to do a resample but be prepared to wait a long time for it to complete if it is a big zoom ratio.
      It will still resample the whole image even though you are only looking at a small part of it.

Comment

So, it is a bug in the last two version that was introduced after 4.25, exactly what I suspected. It forces me to have two versions installed at the same time - 4.25 for general normal use and 4.28 when I need to do some JPEG lossless operations. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next version. If anyone finds any way to enable it somehow in 4.28, please advise, it will be very helpful to have this useful feature back.

Zooming a rectangle with mouse on the text to enlarge it and read the part zoomed without at least a simple Lanczos interpolation like in Faststone viewer is just useless. In fact regarding the zooming and all its various options I find Faststone much more useful tool.

I believe that if it is not a bug but some sort of weird design in the last two versions of Irfanview, there should at least be left some hidden option to bring back the resample zoom without locking simple everyone out of any possible choice.

Thanks for any possible advice!
        Last edited by iraya; 09.06.2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X