Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch transparentizing of images

Hi,

I have more than a thousand pictures which I want to become transparent.

All of the pictures have white background.

I can use IrfanView to batch convert them to transparent GIF, but then I need to click on each and every one of their backgrounds which is sooo tiresome.

Can I define somewhere to have the white color transparent on all pictures and have IrfanView do it automagically for me?
    Zen cart Israel

You can use "Set the transparency to palette entry" but that's only going to work if the images all have the same palette.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Pallete?

I thought I could use the pallete.

Most of the pictures are the same size and have the same background.

What is the pallete?
      How do I configure one?
      Zen cart Israel

Comment

The edit palette option is available on the Image menu for paletted images (256 colours or fewer). If you're converting JPG to GIF then I guess that you will need to do it in two stages.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks Bhikkhu Pesala,

But I am quite a newbie in this subject so I didn't really understand what you said.

Can I have a white palette which upon recognition in each jpg image will become transparent?

If you could shed a little more light on this subject - I will be grateful.

Or even just point me to the right place in the documentation will be more than enough.

Thanks,
          Chaiavi
          Zen cart Israel

Comment

A 256 colour palette has 256 entries from 0 to 255. In this screen shot, the first selected entry 0 is white.

BTW: Please check your inbox from the Notifications Link at the top of the forum.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X