Sort directory display order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort directory display order

Hi! I've had this problem for ages and I think it is a Windows registry rather than Irfanview problem as it affects everything I use.
    When I go to the Open menu in Irfanview, it displays the files in my directory in an order that is not the name or date order I want - they are displayed all over the place, possibly in order of file size. I have gone to Control Panel / Folder Options and to Irfanview's Options menu and selected sort by name but they still show up in this crazy order. (I can get the files displayed in the right order by right clicking the directory display and choosing Sort Icons by Name but it "sticks" only for one open and then reverts to the useless order).
    As I say, I figure this is a registry problem rather than anything in Irfanview but can someone please point me to the reistry entry I need to kick to make it work, please?

Cheers - John Mycroft

From the options menu, Select "Sort directory files."
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X