Don't want black background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Don't want black background

I always want just the pic in a window, but I must have changed something by mistake, because now each smaller pic is in big window with black background. How can I get it back to just the pic itself in a window with no big black area? Version 4.27.

What have you activated?

"Full screen mode" or "Window mode"

See program menu of IrfanView: \Options\Properties/Settings...\ → [Start / Exit options]
    Start in fullscreen mode (if image loaded; single ESC for program exit)

Deactivate this option!

See also further options in program menu of IrfanView in: \View\

Comment

In 'Window mode' I want the whole pic to fit into the window with no scrolling required and no black surrounding area if it's small. It used to do this but something got changed and I wish I could get it back. I don't want to have to scroll the pic but it's still in a window.

Also, I use the wheel of my mouse to go forward or backward to view a directory but it got changed to scrolling. How may I change that back?

Comment

1a) program menu: \View\Display options (window mode)\"Fit images to desktop height"

1b) You can also change the "Main window color" in program menu: \Options\Properties/Settings...\ → [Viewing]

2) program menu: \Options\Properties/Settings...\ → [Browsing / Editing]
        → activate the option "Jump to next image if Page keys or Mouse wheel used (if vertical scrollbar visible)"

Don't be fearful!
        Play with the settings! Test the possibilities!

Comment

Thank you, that fixed my problem. Had tried several different setting & options but must have missed that one. I love Irfanview again!

Comment

Working...
          X