Batch resize command line help request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch resize command line help request.

I work in a school where teachers have filled the server by constantly taking hundreds of high pixel photos. My ideal solution I'm working towards right now is a scheduled task on the server regularly running a .bat file calling an irfanview command line to resize all jpegs in a folder (and subfolders) to a maximum "long" side of 1024, not enlarging smaller images, maintaining aspect ratio and replacing the original file in it's original location.

I've tried hunting for help on the command line switches but I can't find some things i'd like and can't find a good explantion of how to use some of the others. Is it all possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Ben.

You cannot set those resize options directly in a command line but you can set them in the Advanced options of the GUI batch dialog and press OK. The options are saved in the initialization file when you close Irfanview. Then you just call the /advancedbatch switch in the command line and those saved options are applied whenever it is called.
    You can make Irfanview process all the files in a folder by using the * wildcard. For example;
    Code:
    "c:\program files\irfanview\i_view32.exe" c:\mypath\myfolder\*.jpg /advancedbatch /convert=c:\mypath\myfolder\*.jpg
    I do not know of a way of including subfolders too within the command line. You will probably need the batch file script to do that.
    Last edited by Mij; 12.07.2011, 08:14 PM. Reason: correction in code and clarifications

Comment

Working...
    X