Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved New prefix: Solved

Hi guys,

when ever a thread is solved - you now have the possibilty to mark it as "Solved".

Just edit your started thread + "Go to advanced" and use the "Solved" prefix.

Moderators can do that as well with existing threads!

Stefan

I'm sorry I must not be seeing the "Solved" prefix after going to "Go to advanced"..where is it?
    I want to mark my solved post accordingly.
    thanks

Comment

Hi,

you can find it here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	solved.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	80712

Stefan

Comment

I'm sorry, I just am not getting this at all. Maybe another screenshot or two would help.
        1) Go to the first post in a thread you started
        2)
        3)

Comment

I also can not see the 'Prefix' field described in Stefan's post and screenshot.

Comment

Hi,

I checked permissions for setting thread prefixes.. looks ok.

Here´s another screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	solved.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	80785

Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
              Hi,

I checked permissions for setting thread prefixes.. looks ok.

Here´s another screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3274[/ATTACH]

Stefan
              I still don't see it. Here's a screenshot of what I see when I try to edit my post to add the 'Solved' prefix:
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm one of the latest ones that doesn't see the "Prefix" drop box, when EDITING a post. It DOES appear when creating a new post (when don't need it).

Comment

Originally posted by imajezz View Post
                  I'm one of the latest ones that doesn't see the "Prefix" drop box, when EDITING a post. It DOES appear when creating a new post (when don't need it).
                  You have to select "Go Advanced" after editing your post.
                  Attached Files
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

"Not Solved"

I read that - many times. Read following closely (please):

As I mentioned in other posts, I ONLY see the prefix drop box WHEN 1ST CREATE a new post. Then never again. "Going Advanced" makes no difference. It doesn't show (under Advanced) when I edit any of my posts (in Advanced mode).

It DOES show (plain as day) when 1st create the brand new post. It NEVER appears again, when EDIT those posts - in Advanced, Super Charged, or Blast Off mode.

If I see it when creating posts (when it has NO value), can conclude nothing on my box is blocking that element, when editing posts.

But, something - somehow, must be blocking it for some users - as others have said exactly same: they don't see it, even in Advanced edit mode.

Any suggestions & I'll check 'em out.

Comment

Is Javascript disabled in your browser?
                      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, Java SCRIPT is NOT disabled in my browser. (I think that's grammatically incorrect). Java (JRE) - IS disabled (not installed). Two diff animals, of course.

If JS were disabled, I probably wouldn't be able to do much on the forum.

BUT - even if it was disabled, how would that explain I see the FUNCTIONAL "prefix box" when 1st create a post, but then never again? Not even in Advanced, Super Blast Off mode.

Instead of using the prefix box, that (apparently) causes a fair # of users problems, just show EDITED subject lines on the forums' topics lists, when users add "SOLVED" to the subject (as scads of forums do, if they allow editing subjects, at all).

I added "Solved" to a couple of posts in (advanced) edit mode & it saves it & shows it - IF VIEWING THE TOPIC. Edited subject does NOT show up in main topic list.
                        Last edited by imajezz; 29.08.2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Might be something in your browser. Don't sweat it. I don't have the "Prefix" box in either Firefox or Opera. I just added the word SOLVED to the title in Edit>Go Advanced.
                          Last edited by imagefixer; 23.10.2013, 07:53 PM. Reason: clarity
                          Win 7 Ultimate SP1, latest Iview

Comment

imajezz

You are not alone. I too see it when creating a post but I cannot see it anywhere when editing the first, or any other, posts. Go Advanced makes no difference.

... and editing the Subject line in the first post changes it when viewing the post, but does not change it in the main topic list. This says there must be two different fields.

If I was to guess, I would say that the Solved pull down is enabled for all original posters for the Subject line in the post itself field.

However, what is seen in the main topic list is a different field, and only moderators are given the privilege to edit this field.

See https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=10082
                            Last edited by John_Ha; 29.06.2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X