X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding brush width to dialogue

Dear MItaly

The lastest version of IrfanPaint with text insertion is a work of genius. How you have so many options in such a small place amazes me. Love the preview button. I do have a possible suggestion which may (or may not) be worth while. In the INSERT TEXT > PEN AND BRUSH SETTINGS you can change the foreground and background colours and these changes are reflected back in the main PAINT TOOLBAR. If would be useful to have a brush width (px) setting in the same dialogue and this would also change the main PAINT TOOLBAR value. This would save having to close the INSERT TEXT dialogue, change the width (px) on the MAIN TOOLBAR and then reopening the INSERT TEXT dialogue, if you had the wrong intial brush width (for EMPTY PATH and FILLED PATH).
    Apologies if I have misunderstood
    Many thanks, Al

Comment

IrfanPaint Toolbar Design

I think the two new tools need to be inserted on the same row to avoid breaking the current logical grouping of tools with lines and arrows on the same row, and ellpse and rectangle on the same row.

Either the second or third toolbar, rather than the first in the attachment.
      Attached Files
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
        Dude, you must be in Obsession Mode
        Yes, I am .
        Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I think the two new tools need to be inserted on the same row to avoid breaking the current logical grouping of tools with lines and arrows on the same row, and ellpse and rectangle on the same row.

Either the second or third toolbar, rather than the first in the attachment.
        I like the third one, but with the text and color replacer buttons inverted.
        Originally posted by Al View Post
        If would be useful to have a brush width (px) setting in the same dialogue and this would also change the main PAINT TOOLBAR value.
        Good idea, thank you.
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
          If would be useful to have a brush width (px) setting in the same dialogue and this would also change the main PAINT TOOLBAR value.
          Good idea, thank you.

Maybe, but then do you need to add the foreground/background colour palette too? If it is not difficult, go for it.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It's already there. Just click on the rectangle near the "Color" label.
            Attached Files
            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I download the latest plugin and definitely have build 56, but I don't see either the pen weight, nor the foreground/background colour palette on the Text Edit Dialogue. To access them, you have to close the text edit dialogue.

Comment

If you set the rendering mode to empty/filled path a click on the "text color" button shows the Pen & Brush settings dialog. There you can set the fg/bg color and (in the next version) also the pen width.
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

This is good design. It avoids cluttering the Text dialogue with extra buttons, as the outline/fill are not relevant for Text or Antialiased Text.

Do you think it would be a further improvement to open the background tab for Filled Path and the foreground tab only for Empty Path?

Comment

It's a nice idea; I'm also going to change the icon of that button depending on the action that it performs (if the rendering is text/antialiased text it will use the current icon, otherwise the normal P&B settings icon).
                    IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                      I'm also going to change the icon of that button depending on the action that it performs.
                      The text colour icon could be a bit brighter.

Here's a couple of ideas for you.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like the first one; thank you.
                        IrfanPaint developer

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.9.57 released

The new IrfanPaint beta release includes the following changes:
                          • added pen width setting in the Pen & brush settings dialog;
                          • rewritten much of the code of the Pen & brush settings dialog;
                          • brightened the "select text color" icon;
                          • now the "select text color" button changes icon depending of its function (select text color/show pen & brush settings dialog);
                          • minor changes in the Insert text dialog code;
                          • fixed a bug in the text rendering routine (it didn't render correctly the distance between lines);
                          • changed resource IDs definitions;
                          • added a β sign before the version number if it's a beta release;
                          • fixed some bugs in the tooltips showing routine that may have caused a program crash;
                          • fixed other small bugs and revised much code.
                          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Hugz

It's getting so cool, it needs its own Help file.
                            Its: Belongs to "It"
                            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                            ---------------------
                            Lose: Fail to keep
                            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Indeed it's getting closer and closer to this point.
                              It's already gone far beyond the status of some DLL to handle some file-format.
                              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                                It's getting so cool, it needs its own Help file.
                                Maybe not a separated help file, but I think that an exhaustive section in the IV help file is really needed. I don't have the time to write also the documentation, is there anybody who could do it (maybe starting from the good work already done by Bhikkhu Pesala - if he agrees)?
                                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Working...
                                X