This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some points

1. You present this as a hard problem, yet most other paint programs have found a solution to this. It is not as hard as you seem to think it is.
    2. This has nothing to do with neighboring pixels. For each pixel you get the RGB values and check that max(max(abs(R-R0), abs(G-G0)),abs(B-B0)) < T.
    3. The above check is reasonably fast on a modern computer.
    4. Every comparison on every computer is true-false. Your statement is nonsense.

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
    Right on. A tolerance will mean that with every single calculation about a single pixel, neighbouring pixels have
    to be part of the formula as well for the resulting values. A comparison instead of true/false.

Comment

4. 'Comparison' was indeed the wrong expression.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

If I had wrote the floodfill code it wouldn't be difficult to add the tolerance: it would be as simple as change a line like this:
        Code:
        if(srcPixelColor==scannedPixelColor)
            //...
        to something like this:
        Code:
        if(SimilarColors(srcPixelColor,scannedPixelColor,tolerance))
            //...

//...
        inline bool SimilarColors(COLORREF firstColor, COLORREF secondColor, int tolerance)
        {
            //here some simple code that do the comparison
        }
        The problem is that I haven't wrote any floodfill code, actually I just use the Windows GDI ExFloodFIll, so I haven't anything to work on; I should implement a floodfill function from scratch, or reuse some code found on the net (the easy way ); the problem is that any code I found is thought to work with some particular classes (e.g. MFC, CDibSection, ...), and I should adapt it to work with my classes, a boring and error-prone work. Anyway, don't lose your hopes: this function is one of my priorities (along with a decent text function), and I'll start to work on it as soon as I will have fixed all the issues of the new object-model of the tools.
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Some people just gotta... - BTW, the floodfill was acting strange again today. It happens if I try to work in a zoomed selection - or a selection in something zoomed. I think that must have been what I was doing (half in my sleep) the last time.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.7.52 released

The new IrfanPaint beta release just fixes this bug (and some other UI-related weirdnesses of the tools).
            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

&quot;Undo&quot; function (0.4.7.52 beta)

Hello MItaly,

If I'm using the IrfanPaint plugin,
              why isn't it possible to use the "Undo" function of IrfanView for more than one step backward?
              With (nearly) every other program this is possible!

regards

Frank

Comment

(I dare to reply, because I suppose MItaly would answer likewise)
                You say it yourself : the "Undo" function of IrfanView.
                So this is not a matter of IrfanPaint.
                A discussion about a multiple Undo has been going on in the Request department.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

In these case:
                  Sorry for this question!!!

(You are right: It's a malfunction of IrfanView!)
                  Last edited by Frank; 23.01.2008, 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Normally, I navigate in a dir while viewing by pressing space and backspace.
                    I wonder why this is disabled as soon as IrfanPaint is active..
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                      Normally, I navigate in a dir while viewing by pressing space and backspace.
                      I wonder why this is disabled as soon as IrfanPaint is active..
                      Some time ago I asked this question and got this answer:
                      "...it is not a bug, it's a feature that some people asked me to avoid the risk of losing the work done with IrfanPaint by pressing Space bar/Backspace for accident. I think that in the final version I'll make this feature optional, i.e. the user will be able to decide if it must be activated or not."
                      Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

I have questions...
                        It would be possible for clone tool to work with transparent color ? you know when you pick up your second color to eg.purple then it doestn clone this color.
                        When editing photos then some smooth aliasing between pixels would be great , cause now its sharp so its visible when youre trying to use it on photographs.
                        Also would be nice if pain could immediately change itself to paintbrush tool after you pickup color with color-picker(or to previous used tool).
                        It would be good if we could use color-picker when we editing palette of the file .That are my suggestions.I like the program keep updating it

Comment

Just too much issues in one post..
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by bwwd View Post
                            Also would be nice if pain could immediately change itself to paintbrush tool after you pickup color with color-picker(or to previous used tool).
                            If I understand your broken English correctly, this is the current behaviour. See the extended tooltips for the colour-picker tool.
                            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by bwwd View Post
                              I have questions...
                              It would be possible for clone tool to work with transparent color ? you know when you pick up your second color to eg.purple then it doestn clone this color.
                              It may be possibile... I have to think about it.
                              When editing photos then some smooth aliasing between pixels would be great , cause now its sharp so its visible when youre trying to use it on photographs.
                              This is one of the most asked features, but it's quite difficult to implement without using GDI+ (and I would have to half-rewrite the plugin to use it).
                              See Bhikkhu Pesala's answer.
                              It would be good if we could use color-picker when we editing palette of the file.
                              Not very simple, but feasible... I'll think about it.

BTW, now I'm working on the text tool, that has been requested by many users (text tool test screenshot attached).
                              ---EDIT---
                              I just changed the dialog, see the second screenshot.
                              The first text is rendered as antialiased text, the second as filled path.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by MItaly; 17.02.2008, 08:28 PM.
                              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                                BTW, now I'm working on the text tool, that has been requested by many users (text tool test screenshot attached).
                                ---EDIT---
                                I just changed the dialog, see the second screenshot.
                                The first text is rendered as antialiased text, the second as filled path.
                                Hey, thats cool ... nice, really nice, but ... but can I add a suggestion :P
                                I know it can be a lil difficult, but if you could do it, it would be simply great!

Would it be possible to have the text written along a path as well? In that, if I first make a selection ... a diagonal line or a circle, the text could be written along that path (Ofcourse for the circle the possibility could be inside/ outside the circle)!

Nice going ... cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X