X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change language in IrfanPaint?

Hallo,

Until now I don't find any possibility to change the language (from english to german) in IrfanPaint!

Is it possible anyway?
    Otherwise I would recommend this wish as a suggestion for a next version!

Gruß
    Frank

Comment

Actually it is not possible, but it's planned for the next version.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Thanks!

regards
        Frank

Comment

IrfanPaint for Win98 ?

MItaly,

Why your plugin doesn't work in Win98SE, while its parent program IrfanView does? Can it earn finished Plugin Status under such scenario?

Is it more advanced and feature & programming rich than GIMP 2.0 ? If compared to Win Paintbrush (more realistic), what exactly prevents it from working in Win98? Any compatibility fix timetable?

Comment

Hmm, I consider it bad news if IrfanPaint wouldn't be compatible with W98.

Originally posted by matera
            but while a BMP, PNG or GIF may have areas of pure color, a JPG never will.
            Maybe it has grown so in common use of the different formats, but technically, I don't agree.
            One can save a JPG with only 256 colors, and having a fullcolor photo as BMP.

Floodfill could be sometimes not the only solution. A tool like the Color Replacer in PSP is another one.
            Last edited by Sam_Zen; 28.10.2007, 02:56 AM.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Color replacer filter works in IrfanView, I use it a lot

You can save a 256-color image as JPG, but it's still a JPG. It does not stay 256 color, and it does not stay clean.

Just to be snotty I made a 256 color PNG and cut out a small piece, resized it with no resampling and saved it again as a PNG. Then I cut out the same part, saved as JPG at 98q, and then opened the JPG and enlarged that the same way and saved as a PNG (to avoid further degradation). The difference is very obvious.

Saving the Jpg at 100q and disabling color subsampling gives a clean looking result, but flood-fill still does not work, there are subtle differences that the eye misses.
              Attached Files
              Its: Belongs to "It"
              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
              ---------------------
              Lose: Fail to keep
              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I use IV a lot for screenshots. I just found your plugin and love it. It would be great if i could use your plugin to mark parts of the screenshot. I know i can make a box around the interesting screen part but it would be very handy to select the opacity before. The problem is sometimes i have to mark a part of an image but everything must be visible. Drawing a border around some parts will remove important informations.

I imagine using the drawing feature as some sort of "color marker pen".

Keep up the good work

Comment

If you look on the pen and brush settings there are several dotted line settings, which can be used for drawing boxes and ellipses as well as lines.
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I've seen this settings, but unfortunately thats no help to me.

Until now i use paint.net and create two layers. By selecting the opacity the original image shines through the marked parts on the second layer.

I know that IrfanPaint is no replacement for a paint program, but selecting the opacity of the draw element before painting would help me save a lot time.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by arnymars View Post
                      MItaly,

Why your plugin doesn't work in Win98SE, while its parent program IrfanView does?[...]
                      I don't know. I used only Win9x compatible APIs while programming it (with the exception of MaskBlt, used in the clone tool), but on Windows 98 when I started the plugin IV behaved in a weird way. I lost some hours in debugging trying to understand where the problem was, but I haven't found it. So, to make it available at least to the Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista users, I added the OS check. Anyway I'm still working on that: maybe I'll manage to fix it.
                      Originally posted by flizebogen View Post
                      I imagine using the drawing feature as some sort of "color marker pen".
                      It's a feature that has already been requested, and it's already in my "to do" list.
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by flizebogen
                        selecting the opacity of the draw element before painting would help me save a lot time.
                        This opacity also would require a second layer situation, afaik.

2 Mitaly
                        I will update IV on one of my side-sets with W98, to check out what's happening.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                          This opacity also would require a second layer situation, afaik.
                          No, I could simply combine the color of the brush with the color of the background while drawing according to the opacity setting.
                          I will update IV on one of my side-sets with W98, to check out what's happening.
                          All the public versions of IrfanPaint come with an OS check, that tells you that the plugin doesn't work on Windows 9x if you try to do that.
                          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I see ....
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

suggestions for "IrfanPaint"

1.) Modify your "IrfanPaint"!
                              Make it to a right side docking bar! (now it's don't looking as a part of IrfanView!)
                              see:

2.) Add a "RightMouseButtonMenu" with some features!
                              (save, exit, cut, copy, paste, delete, ... , picture informations, "what are the possible functions?", ... )
                              3.) Add a spray box to editing tools!
                              4.) Add ability to add some text!
                              5.) Add a simple options/settings menu with a GUI symbol!
                              6.) Add an update check for a new version!
                              7.) Use the effects and/or filters of "IrfanView" in "IrfanPaint" (if it's possible)!

Let's inspirate from PhotoFiltre, DigiFoto, Gimp, ... !

regards
                              Frank
                              Last edited by Frank; 31.10.2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

1) I'm already planning to add an option to "magnetize" the toolbar to the left/right of the IV window, but I don't like making it so high. In my opinion it's better that it remains basically a floating toolbar, also because it's a mess to really dock (not just "magnetize") it in the IV window.
                                2) It's a mess: the menus aren't of IrfanPaint's competence, it has no way to tell to IV what to do.
                                3) Good idea.
                                4) Already in my "to do" list.
                                5) Already in my "to do" list.
                                6) I'm not going to implement it in the next version, maybe in future.
                                7) I don't understand what you mean... what should IrfanPaint do with the effects?
                                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Working...
                                X