Clear All

Hi,

inspirating is good, but not (blind) copying

i like some more tools (Spray, circles), too

steve

Comment

suggestion

MItaly has answered:
      "I don't understand what you mean... what should IrfanPaint do with the effects?"
      Sorry, that was my mistake in thinking!
      Please forget this suggestion!
      It's not logical to create something twice!

Steve has answered:
      "inspirating is good, but not (blind) copying ... "
      That's also my opinion!
      But some components of these programs are really very ingenious!

And what about:
      - option to add watemarks
      - ruler
      - color picker
      - adjustable magnifying glass with a selectable window size and selectable enlargement to move over a picture in IrfanView

regards

Frank
      Last edited by Frank; 31.10.2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

1) The position at the right as it is now is fine by me. But magnetizing would be nice.
        I often work with images smaller than the screen (with Fit Window to Image), and when I zoom in with a +, the toolbar stays on it's first spot, so gets in the way.

2) Pick the arrow of the toolbar. Then one can activate the normal context menu of IrfanView.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hmm, but what happens if the window gets so big that there is no room at the edge for the Paint bar? I work on tiny icons, but I also remove blemishes from large photos.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Of course it should stay on screen at the right, like it does now.
            You're right about the complications with this. If the bar is magnetized and moves with the bitmap-edge, there has to be some detection to prevent it from going off-screen, to disable the magnet.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

movable ruler and fixed grafic ruler

ruler

I think it's difficult (but possible) to add a ruler, because you must consider the dependence on selected dpi size!
              That means, if I change the dpi size, then accordingly the scaling must be changing!
              It must be a movable ruler for horizontal and vertically!
              And the user must see the selected dpi size inside the ruler and how the scaling is changing, if dpi size is changing!
              It would be nice, if for such a ruler different units (and skins) were selectable!

grafic ruler

Add also an on/off switchable grafic ruler, which is fixed at the picture contour in IrfanView horizontal and vertically!
              Please consider also here the dependence of the scaling on the selected dpi size!

regards
              Frank
              Last edited by Frank; 01.11.2007, 01:15 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Since there are a number of good free rulers available - some with quite a few options for size adjustment etc. - I don't think it is necessary to encumber it with one. Not everyone needs exactly the same features in a ruler, or the same features for every purpose - I keep several for different uses.
                ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  And what about:
                  - option to add watemarks
                  - ruler
                  I think that these both are more IrfanView's features than IrfanPaint's ones.
                  - color picker
                  It is already there.
                  - adjustable magnifying glass with a selectable window size and selectable enlargement to move over a picture in IrfanView
                  This could be done, but it's already possible in IV: use "+" and "-" to zoom in/out, and select an area and click over it to zoom it.
                  Originally posted by steve View Post
                  Hi,
                  i like some more tools (Spray, circles), too
                  Circles? There's already the "Ellipse" tool, if you hold Shift while dragging it will draw a circle.
                  IrfanPaint developer
                  The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                  IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

[BUG] Undo Doesn't Work With Brush

Right-click and paint with the brush background colour.
                    Undo doesn't work.

Works fine with foreground colour.

Feedback
                    I just spent half an hour cleaning up a scan with the clone tool. I must say it works very well. Easy to adjust the source and target and to resize the tool.
                    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I've already found few bugs with undo, but I didn't notice of this; I'll fix in the next version.
                      Thank you also for the feedback.
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I don't need a ruler and I don't care about DPI until I want to print something.
                        ..cleaning up a scan with the clone tool. I must say it works very well.
                        Yess.. It's great for cleaning too. Before IP I had to run PSP, just to remove one spot.
                        Opacity was mentioned lately. Maybe this tool is a candidate for such an option too.
                        A finetuning when painting with an area which maybe has a slightly different structure.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I have updated my Tutorials page to include a section on Photo Editing Using IrfanPaint.

Let me know if you find any errors.
                          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It's quite perfect; I was going to write a guide to IP, but now that you have already done it we can include it in the IrfanView help file, if you want.
                            (BTW there are some typos => many "the" are typed "teh")
                            Last edited by MItaly; 02.11.2007, 11:13 AM.
                            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I'm sure that it is a long way from perfect yet. Let's wait for a few months at least, and a couple of patches before trying to include it in the help file. The typos were corrected even while you posted your reply.

Comment

I still want a spray, and fuzzy edges would be nice...meanwhile, I will settle happily for cleaning up the wee bugs - especially the tendency for the brush or line tool to go one pixel off to the right or sometimes just not do.
                                ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X