Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45

Thread: IrfanPaint Support Thread

Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP1
    CPU Cores

An elegant workaround to avoid needing multiple undo-stages : "Erase to original"".
    These procedures are often a series of small actions, being indeed difficult to find the exact position back where it went wrong.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Version
    IrfanView 4.38
    OS
    64-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

Inspired by the thread "Collagen unverzerrt?" from german forum, I would like to suggest an idea!

What do you think about a possibility to load/add external images with IrfanPaint into an opened picture?
    With included ability to stretch (zoom in/out) an inserted image!

[For such an idea it would be necessary to add a new button ("Load picture into clipboard") to the toolbar of IrfanPaint!]

regards
    Frank

Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    CPU Cores

I could integrate it in the new "objects" functionality.
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Version
    IrfanView 4.38
    OS
    64-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

I agree with tis answer!
    Would be nice if you realize this suggestion!

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    What do you think about a possibility to load/add external images with IrfanPaint into an opened picture?
    With included ability to stretch (zoom in/out) an inserted image!
    [/I]
    I have often made a panorama of two (or more) images and then "copy and pasted" a bit of the second image onto the first. The advantage of working from one composite image of course is that you can drag the selection you copied from, to where you want it and if necessary resize proportionally before pasting. Undo and tweak the selection size or position until it is right.
    Now with Irfanpaint you can clone from one image to the other too. I added another person into a group picture that way.
    Amazing what you can do with a bit of ingenuity, but that does not mean I would not welcome an easier way of doing it.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Playing a bit more with copy and paste in IrfanPaint makes me even more aware how useful that Erase Back to Original feature is. To clone something large such as a person or a tree it is much easier to copy an area enclosing the object, paste it where you want it (after enlarging or reducing the box first to suit the new position) and then paint back the bits you do not want around the object using that Erase Back facility. I usually paste a "spare" copy of the object somewhere nearby so that I can clone a bit from it if I make a mistake, then just Erase Back the spare when I am finished.

Copy and paste via the clipboard is so versatile either copying from somewhere else on the image, from a panorama image as I described previously, from a second copy of IrfanView or even from another external program if it has a compatible copy feature. I begin to wonder whether Frank's suggestion really adds that much.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Quote Originally Posted by Mij View Post
    If you wanted to keep your 3 step method (for cloning), MItaly, you could still set the pickup point by right clicking, but lock it where the X is currently positioned, not where the + is.
    I do not want to monopolize this thread but since nobody else seems to be posting at present it has to be 3 in a row.

After spending a bit more time on cloning I saw that what I had written above was very confused. Perhaps MItaly knew what I meant, I am not sure that I did. So here is another try.
    The three steps at present are
    1. Right click to place the source
    2. Left click to place the target and start painting
    3. Right click to gather the source back to the target cursor
    and at present they have to be applied in the order 1,2,3,1,2,3.....

I wanted to be able to use 1,2,1,2,1,2..... It is especially useful if the source and target points are a long way apart because returning the source point back to its working area each time after step 3 gets tedious.
    Now, though, I see that it is still necessary to use step 3 sometimes, because you cannot always move the source to a new area without taking the target cursor off screen. To use step 3 the sequence has to be 1,3,2...
    I reckon that would be easy enough to use and fairly intuitive, just a bit harder to explain. I see that currently step 3 is not mentioned in the documentation anyway, so perhaps you can leave people to discover it for themselves.

Thread Information