Better command line documentation? variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better command line documentation? variables

In the help file (i_view version 4.25) there are some great examples, and a few variables are used in the examples ($D, $N, etc)

I could not find any documentation on these variables, though, and have to guess what they mean. Some are obvious, like $D = directory, $F = filename (including extension), $N = filename (without extension)

Experimenting with this, I noted several that gave me blank (maybe they're functions and I didn't pass any args?) or confusing results, and I want to know what the variables represent:
    $C (blank)
    $I (blank)
    $M (blank)
    $X [0_1]
    $Z 100

clearly $T is a time function (source file?) but no documentation about the date strings that are possible to pass in. $U is another date function (current time?)

$B bitdepth?
    $O extension

would be nice to document these and place in help file.

thanks.

The help file looks fine to me. Try upgrading to 4.30 otherwise we're talking at crossed purposes.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Help file path: ”Options Menu | Text/Pattern Options”
      »Und so, in eurer Verzweiflung, kommt ihr zu mir.«

Texteditor EmEditor:
      Deutsche Sprachdatei (v7.01) für EmEditor Pro 7.02 (englisch)
      EmEditor Pro 8.06 (deutsch) | Deutsche Sprachdatei (v8) für EmEditor Pro 8.06 (englisch)
      Deutsche Sprachdatei (v9.16) für EmEditor Pro 9.17 (englisch)

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        The help file looks fine to me. Try upgrading to 4.30 otherwise we're talking at crossed purposes.
        Got it, upgraded to 4.30. I should have checked that first. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X