Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preserving original image sizes while using panorama

Hello all,

I did a search on this forum and there are so many instances of panorama or combining pictures into one, but can't seem to find any about preservation of original picture sizes.

I'm able to concatenate several images into one image by using the command i_view32.exe /panorama=(2,C:\Row1.png,C:\Row2.png) etc. How do I preserve all the original image sizes? Using this command seems to create on panoramic picture but resizes them into thumbnail size pics. Thanks again.

.:.

No, the panorama feature always resizes subsequent images to make them fit the sides of the first image on the list.
    The new Paste Special feature in v4.30 allows you to add an image from the clipboard on to any of the sides of the current image. That retains the original size of the image on the clipboard by adding new canvas automatically to fill up any blank areas that are created. At present there is no command line option to call that feature though.

Comment

hey Mij, thanks for the response. All the files are the same size. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but it does not preserve the first file size. It makes thumbnails of all the pics which are all the same size.

Comment

Are you perhaps using "Fit images to window"? See the View display options or press the Shortcut F.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi w1zk1d. Sorry for delay in responding. I have been away for a few days.
          There is nothing wrong with the part of the command line that you posted. It should just produce a vertical panorama with the same width as the first image. Perhaps you had better tell us what is the "etc." bit that comes after.

Comment

Basically I have 3 image files, let's say img1.png, img2.png, img3.png which are all 600x800px. I run command i_view32.exe /panorama=(2,C:\img1.png, C:\img2.png, C:\img3.png) and it appends the images panoramically and vertically but the output is a file that is very small, thumbnail sized. Do I need to convert this first? Thanks again Mij!

Comment

I have always used the " /convert=" command after "/panorama=" to specify a file name and type for how I want the result to be saved. That works fine.

I would have expected that without a "/convert" command the panorama would remain displayed in an open Irfanview window for the user to choose how it should be saved. Is that what you want to do?

Comment

I tried /convert to png file and it still saves as a thumb... what version are you using? Thanks again Mij.

Comment

OK w1zk1d I tried the following test for you.

1. I opened Irfanview v4.30. I found 3 images which I resized to 600x800 pixels and then saved as img1.png, img2.png, img3.png
                  2. Before saving I made sure that the options dialog for saving PNG had no options checked (see attachment).
                  3. I opened img1.png from the folder that I had saved the images to and then closed Irfanview. That was so that Irfanview would know where to find the files when running the command line without having to specify the full path.
                  4. I ran this code in a batch file
                  Code:
                  "c:\program files\irfanview\i_view32.exe" /panorama=(2,img1.png,img2.png,img3.png) /convert=composite.png
                  5. A vertical panorama was created size 600x2400 just as expected.

So what are you doing that is different to what I did?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just wondering...are you sure that the image is really thumb-size? What dimensions are displayed in the status bar?
                    Its: Belongs to "It"
                    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                    ---------------------
                    Lose: Fail to keep
                    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
                    X