semi-transparent Irfanview window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested semi-transparent Irfanview window

I just had occasion to try to compare the output of a video conversion to the source images. This proved harder than I expected, since I was unable to take screen shots of the videos when used in my typical video players (a screen shot only got a black screen). In thinking of how I could do the comparison it occurred to me that it would be great if I could make Irfanview into a transparent window and lay it over the final product. This would let me see differences in images (in this case I'll looking at the final aspect ratio which isn't coming out as expected). I didn't remember seeing such a feature but I searched in Irfanview anyway, it often has amazing options that I didn't even know where there until I needed them. Unfortunately, I could not find such a feature, so that brings me here.

It would be great if Irfanview has a setting that would allow the entire window to be made semi-transparent. A 50% transparency would suit me fine, but a setting that went from 10 to 100% opacity would certainly not be objected to. I'll also suggest that this option might be located directly above the "Always on Top" setting, as they could work well together for a number of uses beyond the simple comparison that I wanted to do.

This program makes everything transparent in %. Worked for me, and also works with video. http://download.cnet.com/Actual-Tran...-10138522.html

Comment

Working...
    X