Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very specific Cropping of images

There must be an easy procedure for this but I cannot find it:
    When cropping my images, I like to set them to be 1800x1200 pixels (or the reverse) at 300 res for printing. Also, I want to control the exact position and size of the cropping box while maintaining this 3:2 ratio. How do I do this? And can I create a saved Preset for this action, so I don't have to keep entering the values with each image? Thanks.

Use "Edit / Create custom crop selection".
    Aspect ratio: 3:2
    Enter the offset, usually 0 / 0
    Enter width: 1800, height: 1200
    DPI: 300
    Click OK

Use the right mouse button inside the selection to move it. If you press the CTRL-key and resize the selection, the ratio will be kept.

And yes, you can reuse this settings. And a shortcut to open this box is SHIFT-c.

Comment

Terrific! I didn't know about the CTRL-key. Now, is there an easy way to go back and forth between 1800x1200 and 1200x1800? If not, I will have to crop all my horizontal images first, then crop all my vertical ones. Thanks!

Comment

No, there is now easy way (or I don't know it).
        But what about rotating the images using the R and L keys?
        R, SHIFT-C, Enter, move, L, Save...

Comment

Yes, I could rotate, but that's another step. Might as well do all horiz then all vert. Also, by keeping the vert ones in their correct orientation, I will be able to see them better for deciding where to crop. Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by cranberry View Post
            ... Now, is there an easy way to go back and forth between 1800x1200 and 1200x1800? If not, I will have to crop all my horizontal images first, then crop all my vertical ones. ...
            Hi Cranberry, you can add your ideas/views to this thread: Feature Request: custom selection - reverse ratio

If enough people find this useful, maybe Irfan will implement it

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
            X