Trojan in language dll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trojan in language dll?

Today Malwarebytes Anti-Malware spotted malware in the dutch language module.
    It is supposed to be a Trojan.ModifiedUPX within nederlands.dll.
    Is this file really containing malware-code? Does anyone know about this?

No doubt this will be the same false positive as the russian language.dll.

As soon as some progams come across a UPX compressed file they seem to give up and flag it as suspicious.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, it must have been a false positive.
      My virusscanner did not pick it up and a thorough scan by eset online scanner judged me clean. Also a direct scan of the file by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware turned out to be negative. Today with uptodate definitions Malwarebytes judged me clean again. So the dll-file was okay after all. But it shocked me that's for sure.
      Thanks for your reply.

Comment

i hav e alsoo trajan on dutch languages.
        fase positive or not i dont'like programs with mal and spyware, so goodbye irfan view

Comment

Originally posted by acchristan View Post
          i hav e alsoo trajan on dutch languages.
          fase positive or not i dont'like programs with mal and spyware, so goodbye irfan view
          So since IrfanView doesn't contain any malware or spyware there is no reason not to use it.

I don't know why you even bothered to register on this forum to say that. You should change your antivirus program that gave you a false positive, not your image viewer.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

IrfanView is OK!

@ acchristan
            This is a very fast and shallow conclusion, not well thought about. Irfan view is still a fine program. I've had false positives with other free programs and I still use them, having had no more problems with scanners. Scanners make mistakes every day, as you can verify on www.virustotal.com. Just have a second opinion and you'll know if your software is okay or not. Also be sure to scan before installing it.

Irfanview has been my favourite imaging software for years, I have donated Irfan, because I really appreciate developers to give out free versions that are fully functional and GOOD.

Comment

Working...
            X