how to stop PDF open attempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved how to stop PDF open attempt?

On "next file", Irfanview is trying to open PDF files, and complains about the lack of a GS plug-in. I don't want Irfanview to try to open PDF files, but PDF does not appear in the extensions list in the options. How do I tell Irfanview not to open PDF files????

Running Windows Vista with latest updates. Just updated Irfanview from 4.23 to 4.30 -- same behavior on both.

Edward
    I see the brevity of truth.

I think you will find that PDF is included in the default list of custom extensions — at least it is in mine:

JPG|JPEG|GIF|BMP||TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD|ICO|WMF |EMF|PSD|CUR|EPS|JP2|J2K|RAW|ECW|TXT|NEF|NRW|ERF|O RF|RAF|HDP|WDP|EXR|PDF|
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, that did it. I removed PDF, PS, and EPS, since all need the GS plug-in, though I don't expect to see many PS or EPS files in the folder I'm cleaning up. I still have an issue with it complaining about the encoding on some TXT files, but I may just disable TXT too.

How do the checkbox list and the custom list interact? Does changing one change the other except that extensions without checkboxes can only be changed via the custom list? I'm confused.

Edward

Comment

The list is for Associated file types — file types that will open in IrfanView if double-clicked in Windows Explorer.

The custom list can include both associated and non-associated file types.

Load default extensions, restores all supported extensions to the custom list.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM |G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA|MP3|DCM |ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBMP|SGI|RG B|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|NLM|NOL|NGG|GSM|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF| FSH|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TX T|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NEF|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR| X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2|RWL|SRW|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PL T|CR2|DNG|PS|PDF|AI|CGM|SVG|DCM|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP|E XR|WSQ|JLS|WBZ|WBC|MP4|MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP |VOB|MPO|
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.09.2011, 08:27 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ah, got it. Thanks.

Edward

Comment

One additional note... you have to restart irfanview before these edits take effect

Beverly Howard

Comment

Working...
            X