X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling (Downsizing) via Batch processing results in artefacts

Hello everybody,

it's very urgent, I need you help!
    All I want to do is: Scaling down my original 12 MP JPGs to 800x533 Pixel Size and writing a signature.
    Scaling and applying my signature text on the picture works, BUT the processed pictures contain
    artefacts. It looks like, as if they were "over sharpened"

I just installed the program, I did NOT change any options apart from Scaling and my signature.
    Also I did NOT check the opting for sharpening (you can choose there between 1 and 100,
    but I do NOT want any sharpening at all. This destroys my pictures.

I wonder, if there is an automatic, built-in sharpening within the batch processing.
    I wouldn't consider this to be meaningful.

Can anyone advice me or send me an .ini file, that contains a configuration
    WITHOUT any sharpening. Just scaling to 800x533 size. Ok, I can activate this myself.

My Email address is info at michael - roth . de (michaelMINUSrothDOTde)

Thanks very much for any support!

Michael

If you open an image in the Irfanview main Viewer window and select Image >Resize /resample you will see that there is an option there to "Apply sharpen after resample". If that is checked and you select resample rather than resize during a batch operation then the sharpen is performed automatically. It is a bit odd that you are not offered the choice in the Advanced batch dialog box.
    You will need to uncheck the "Apply sharpen..." option in the Viewer window and press OK (which will, of course perform the resample on the current image). So just close Irfanview without saving the changed image and the setting will be saved in the Initialization file ready for a later batch operation.

Comment

Working...
    X