Crash when saving a jpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Crash when saving a jpg

I found a bug like this and I checked it - it repeats itself.
    I processed a picture with Irfanview and when I tried to save it in a folder which was beyond 4 or 5 other folders the program crashed.
    I have Windows XP sp3 in my PC and I used the 4.30 version of Irfanview. I avoided the crash by saving in the first folder I found and moving the file afterwards.
    Theo

This is probably a problem with Unicode folder names, rather than just folder depth.
    What is the full path name?

Thread prefix changed from "Pending" to "Reported."

The "Pending" prefix should be used only if you have received a reply from Irfan, and he is working on a fix. Reporting Bugs
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.10.2011, 10:35 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't use Unicode characters in the names of the folders.
      The full path is:
      ...\My Documents\My MMusic\ForTrkStr2\Composers St-Wa\Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich 1840-1893\Ballet Music\The Nutcracker Ballet Op. 71, complete
      Theo

Comment

I was unable to reproduce any crash. I opened an image, and using the Move File dialogue (F7) i moved it to
        Code:
        C:\Documents and Settings\Bhikkhu Pesala\My Documents\My Music\ForTrkStr2\Composers St-Wa\Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich 1840-1893\Ballet Music\The Nutcracker Ballet Op. 71
        The path "My Music" already existed, IrfanView created the rest and moved the file there.

Other files were also moved there afterwards without problems. I am also using Windows XP Home SP3.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I wrote: the crash appeared when I saved the file in the given folder. When I saved it in other folder (the first one IV proposed me) I also was capable to move it (right, I did it through Windows Explorer). The bug exists, but it is possible to by-pass it if you know it...
          Last edited by Theo; 12.10.2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

I was able to save a file in the next folder up "ballet" but not in the last folder.

The move dialogue trick is an easier work around not needing the use of Windows Explorer.

The bug is quite serious as users could lose there edited files before being able to save it, so I will forward it to Irfan.

Comment

So happened to me, but I have been lucky, it was not after much work.

In the past I also found a bug and I wrote directly to Irfan. He was very kind and sent me privately a fixed version; the next released version was already fixed.
              Now I discovered the forum and used it.
              Thanks

Comment

Irfan is pretty quick in responding to bugs. He's looked at this and suggested disabling the Unicode plugin in Options, Languages. That solved the issue for me, but if you need Unicode characters in folder names it might not be a solution for you.

Comment

Working...
                X