Image Type Labeling in Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Type Labeling in Windows

I really like Iview, but I really hate the way it changes the labels of jpgs and other types of images by adding "Irfanview" to the type label in Windows. Irfanview is only a viewer and has nothing to do with the type of image. Please stop this insipid advertising gimmick or tell me how to block this unwanted action.

Please read the forum rules before posting. Be polite if you want help from other users.
    §1: Manners

Treat others as you want to be treated. Flaming, insults or defamation will not be tolerated. Use a friendly conversation tone.
    Naming associated files in this way is pretty much a standard practice. I have "Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 Documents" "Opera Web Documents," "PDF-Change Viewer Documents," etc.

If you don't associate images with IrfanView, then they won't be named as IrfanView files.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't know about Opera, but the Word and PDF examples you cite indicate that the associating program has changed them or that they are otherwise unique. IrfanView does not change the images it is associated with, making the name change irrelevant, rude and irritating— if it does change the images, that's even more reason not to use it. I can and will find another default viewer.

Comment

I don't think you fully understand file associations. Changing a file has nothing to do with what its filetype is called.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X