Can't load Plugin Riot.DLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load Plugin Riot.DLL

I downloaded Irfanview to upload my transcripts to apply for a job. They will only take 2mb's or less. I'm trying to shrink the image down that far and your program was recommended by the site.

The file size reduction option told me i needed the plug in riot.dll. I downloaded all the plug ins, and still got the same error message when i tried to save.

-My computer system information will not help you. Its not the problem.
    -I did try a search for the subject. It didn't come up. If it did, i need an answer or a link, not snark.
    §1: Manners

Treat others as you want to be treated. Flaming, insults or defamation will not be tolerated. Use a friendly conversation tone.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.10.2011, 04:35 PM. Reason: Please be polite when asking for help.

Originally posted by Arrgh View Post
    The file size reduction option told me i needed the plug in riot.dll. I downloaded all the plug ins, and still got the same error message when i tried to save.
    Arrgh, when you open an image in IrfanView can you see this option available (and not greyed out): File > Save for Web... (PlugIn)?

If not, maybe you haven't the RIOT plug-in installed or it may be corrupted. Try to fix things by going to the official RIOT website. BTW you can use RIOT alone to optimize images (and it has a portable version).

If you don't mean optimizing but resizing/resampling, well, AFAIK it doesn't need the RIOT plug-in. To test it, I removed it from the IrfanView>Plugins folder and could do resizing/resampling after that.

Hope this helps.
    Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
    Laptop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i5 • 6 GB RAM
    IrfanView 4.60 • 32-bit

Comment

Working...
    X