Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't IrfanView just save files directly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Why doesn't IrfanView just save files directly?

I select 'Save', and it points me at the folder the file is in and bugs me about duplicate filenames, instead of just rewriting the original file I opened by default - which is what I WANT it to do when I hit Ctrl+S. MS Word does it. Hell, MS PAINT does it. I select 'Save as' and it points me to my system32 folder
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.10.2011, 05:37 AM. Reason: Profanity removed

Thread title modified. IrfanView is not "retarded."

§1: Manners

Treat others as you want to be treated. Flaming, insults or defamation will not be tolerated. Use a friendly conversation tone.
    Originally posted by iriscal View Post
    I select 'Save as' and it points me to my system32 folder
    In Properties Start/Exit, chose the startup folder or start in the last used folder.

IrfanView is an image viewer, not an image editor like MS Paint, etc. If Save were to overwrite files directly without any warning it would be unsuitable as an image viewer.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.10.2011, 06:06 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you do not want to see them just uncheck "Display Save dialog for File>Save menu" and "Ask to overwrite file for 'Save' and Save as' menu" under the File handling Tab of Properties/Settings from the Options menu.

Comment

That for me is a good tip. I'd like it if there were a 'save' as ell as a 'save as' button. In the meantime CTRL+s is fine. For me, IV has become a even more a useful quick editor as well as viewer.

Comment

Working...
        X